Kimber Montana .270 WSM

hodgeman":incr2g90 said:
The Kimber 8400 series of action is fantastic and they built the '06 family on them for a while (may have used a longer version of the 8400 though, someone else may know.

The 8400 action is indeed longer than the 8400 WSM action.

The only problem I found in my Kimber 84min 338 Fed is that the magazine is very short and the free bore is fairly long. Point is I couldn't get long tapered bullets aka Accubonds to shoot better than 3 or 4 inches. As soon as I went to Speer hot cores or anything with a faster taper I went to sub inch groups. Even Barnes TSX shot great. The magazine was SAAMI spec and no longer. I think you got a great deal and the 270 WSM is a sleeper that shoots a lot better than it should. I just bought a second Kimber 84L Montana in 25-06.
Good Luck
Greg

I have had 3 kimbers - 270 WSM Montana, 300 WSM Montana, and 270 84L Classic Select. All have functioned great and shoot great. I recently sold the 300 WSM, but still have the others. I have bought them all though the years. Apparently there are some lemons out there from what other posters say, but the Kimber offer a great combination of features in some of the nicest handling rifles going.

Lou

Tom,

Sounds like a smokin' deal. The 270 WSM is pretty impressive too.
The fishing looks to be awesome. :grin:

JD338

BK":2cax7ff1 said:
Tell you what, Tom. Buy it, keep the scope. If you don't like the Kimber, I'll buy it from you for $500! :)

Now there is a great offer BK! :p ... but you have me thinking... :lol:

Back