Kyle Busch arrest / handgun in a foreign country

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Kyle Busch, a well known NASCAR driver was arrested in Mexico while trying to go home from his vacation in Cancun, but got caught with a .380 in his luggage. How can he not know the laws on concealing a handgun in a foreign country. He was sentenced to 3.5 years, but they have not decided how the sentence will be carried out.
I would check every law in a different country before I head there with a handgun, concealed permit or not.

Last year and this year we really got checked at the Mexican border. We rent gun/ammo storage in Why Arizona. Just south of Ajo. I wouldn't consider trying to sneak a gun into Mexico.
Didn't happen this year but last year we went through 10 military checkpoints as well. They checked the trailer every time.

I worry about crossing into a state I’m not certain what the laws are, so I read up and make sure I’m 100% in the right. I wouldn’t think about crossing a border with an illegal gun. I think he assumed his celebrity status would allow him to cross unchecked. Don’t know about now, but it used to be just as easy to get out of trouble in Mexico as it was to in trouble, if you had the cash.

What happened to the 3.5 years?

Darn good question; We will likely never know the real facts

Busch, 37, considered "this issued closed." He was arrested on Jan. 27 and sentenced to 3.5 years in prison and fined $1,100, but the statement from Mexico Prosecutor General’s office does not explain how Busch’s sentence would be handled.

Darn good question; We will likely never know the real facts

Busch, 37, considered "this issued closed." He was arrested on Jan. 27 and sentenced to 3.5 years in prison and fined $1,100, but the statement from Mexico Prosecutor General’s office does not explain how Busch’s sentence would be handled.
I bet he doesn't vacation in Mexico anymore.

JD338

Being an excellent stock card driver doesn't equate to always having sound judgement.
Clearly had this happened to a commoner, the outcome would have been different.

Back