Leupold CDS

Richracer1

Handloader
May 12, 2005
Anyone have this Leupold option on their scope. I'm thinking of getting one made up by the custom shop for my 30-06 and using the VX-II I just put on it for my new 308 Win or get a CDS scope for the 308 Win.

Or would it be more advantageous to have a custom BDC reticle made for a specific bullet/load?

personally I oopt for the turret dont like reticles with extra stuff too busy and can be hard to see get a turret tuned to your load my buddy has it and loves it I have witnessed shots to 700!

I believe the CDS can only be installed on the new VX3. I bought a new 4.5-14x40 VX3 and will probably have this installed. Hopefully it will work well, I was kind of waiting for someone else to report on it.

OldMan":6m2zz3we said:
I believe the CDS can only be installed on the new VX3. I bought a new 4.5-14x40 VX3 and will probably have this installed. Hopefully it will work well, I was kind of waiting for someone else to report on it.

I asked Leupold, "Is it possible to have you install a CDS elevation dial on VX-III standard and long range scopes?"

This is their reply,
"The cost is $150.00 for the elevation only. This includes the adjustment and the dial calibration. We would need the scope here to perform the retrofit."

I ended up ordering a 2.5-8x36 VX-3 from Cabela's. Free shipping + a $20 rebate + $20 in points made it a deal. Scope will be here the day after I can get the rifle from the dealer.

The VX3's have 2 springs to hold the adjustment, instead of just one, and are supposed to track better than the VXIII or older scopes. Did you get the CDS with your new VX3?

Back