Leupold let me down today ?

1100 Remington Man

Handloader
May 1, 2007
What would you do took my 300 H&H out to sight in before hunting season Scope Leupold 3.5x40 40mm CDS with a CDS dial for windage also groups were ok but was shooting 3 inches right elevation was perfect. I turned windage left and left some more with no change in POI. Could not get it to move POI to the left, Took it home plan B sight in .264 Win Mag Leupold 4.5x14 40mm, Same thing could not get the adjustment to move correctly . Just about to leave and turned the windage both direction about 8 MOA both directions a few times the set it back on Zero. Shot another group Perfect for center. Now the bad news shot all my 130GR NOSLER AB but 2 so load more .264 Win Mag 130gr AB or go back to 300 H&H Mag and experiment its windage adjustment ? And see what happens ? One month to Elk Season
1. Three choices Load more .264 Win Mag 130gr AB ?
2. See if spinning dials on windage on 300 H&H Mag see what happen’s if it starts to work correctly ?
3. Get old faithful out 6mm Rem and load up some Nosler 95gr BT.
One month to Elk hunting Season over the counter Colorado Bull only.

use a plumb line and check windage. i guess the optic has been use by you and now went haywire? as for ammo, reload for all just in case? moving optics isn't something i do unless i have a new build and no optic for it yet. i'm sure you're an experienced shooter with the h/h, so no flinching to throw thing off?

I primarily use VX-5HD's or Mark 5's or older Mark 4's
Sorry to hear about your problems replace scopes (Send them in) or use a different gun that is proven

Sadly leupold has fallen way behind in. Scopes with dialing turrets. Older set it and forget it leupolds are generally still trustworthy but I’ve been very let down with leupolds sporting turrets. Even the vx5 that I tried was inconsistent and would trend right as I raised elevation. I’ve switched to vortex razor, nightforce, and trijicon .

Well loaded 20 cartridges for 300 H&H Mag will give it another try in the am and if I can not get it sighted in on to the .264 Win Mag. Both guns were shooting good groups just not where I wanted the groups to be. The last group with the .264 Win Mag was on POI on the last group but I only have 2 shells left of Nosler 130gr AB. I do have 1/2 a pound left of Retumbo and about 60 Nosler 130gr AB left to reload.

If the 300 H&H Mag does not work tommorow, on to the .264 Win Mag tumbling Brass now ! Just Glad I am not a one rifle Man ! :)
Glad the Season is over a month away.

Back