Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 LR/T Metric with Illuminated TMR...

Bluejay

Beginner
Apr 6, 2006
I am seriously looking at this scope.

Does any of you have direct experience with this scope ?

Considering its price, I would not want to go wrong.

Personally, I have a 3.5-10x40 VX-III with BC Reticle (another league, I know...) and so far I have no complaints.

Before I start to save the money, I'd like to hear your voices....

Also, any suggestions on where to buy it over the internet ?

Thanks
:wink:

Blue jay, I have both the 8.5X25X50 and the 6.5X20X50 Illuminated TMR, in MOA of course. I purchased both because I can't make up my mind, which one would I use for my 338 Lapua Ackley. The 6.5 arrived first so I went ahead and mounted it in my rifle. I like it so much that when the 8.5 arrived, and after looking through it, cannot really discern any difference, so I kept the 6.5 and sold the 8.5. The MK IV are solid performer. I love the TMR Reticule also. My 338 is really hard on scope. It ripped apart two IOR's so I switched to MK IV. I'm glad I did.

Target019.jpg

That's a nice rifle you got there (or should I refer to it as a "cannon" :grin: ).

The 6,5-20x50 Mark 4 is also a strong candidate.

As a matter of fact, hunting regulations here in some areas do forbid the use of more than 8x in a hunting rifle and thus I might be tempted to go for the 6,5-20, which allows (if necessary...) the power to be turned down to 8X when hunting.

May I ask you how much you paid for it ?

Looking at your picture, it does not seem you have the illuminated reticle.

How do you cope with it in a darker environment ?

Does it stand out enough ?

Thank you.

Bluejay,

I have a Mark 4 4.5-14x40mm with M1 dials on my 338 RUM. This scope has a 30mm tube which allow for more internal adjustments. The M1 dials will not move accidentally, they are positive clicks and the return to zero or repeatability is excellent.
The glass is clear and bright and I can see well past legal shooting hours.

JD338

JD338":3770lq4g said:
Bluejay,

I have a Mark 4 4.5-14x40mm with M1 dials on my 338 RUM. This scope has a 30mm tube which allow for more internal adjustments. The M1 dials will not move accidentally, they are positive clicks and the return to zero or repeatability is excellent.
The glass is clear and bright and I can see well past legal shooting hours.
JD338

:lol:

JD, what reticle do you have on that scope ?

Do you Guys think a Non Illuminated TMR will "stand out" well enough for hunting purposes in "darker" conditions (dawn & dusk) ?

TY

A friend of mine mounted the 6.5-20x50mm 30mm tube leupold on his rifle. I liked it so well I mounted an identical on my mine. They are both Mil-dot, non-illum. Great scopes.

Bluejay

I have the standard DuPlex reticle.

JD338

Back