Leupold Mark AR 1-4x

Polaris

Handloader
Dec 16, 2009
Recently ordered this optic (duplex reticle) to keep up with the changes in service rifle rules. I will be putting it on my RRA NM A4 which has proven very accurate and reliable through a season of NRA and EIC shoots. Wanted to wait for the service rifle specific model to come out, rumor is the adjustments will be in MOA and regulated to a 77gr SMK, but I was afraid the availability of said optic would not coincide with the availability of my Christmas money so I took the plunge on the "standard" mark AR. Should make a fine sporting optic if I ever switch to the service rifle model.

Anybody have experience with this optic? Mounting options, repeatability of adjustments, any quirks or nuances I should be aware of? Guess I need to learn how to use mils too instead of MOA.

Can't say much about the scope but mils is real easy to learn. I'm really liking Mils a lot. It's a cinch to learn and just takes a little learning and you'll be snapped right back into dialing.

I've got one of these rascals on my AR-15, and it's worked out real well:

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shootin ... -5-4x20mm/

http://swfa.com/Leupold-15-4x20-Mark-AR ... 60889.aspx

Mine is on the Nikon mount, which seems rock-solid. And mine is calibrated for the 55 grain ammo, which is what I use mostly, for coyote hunting, etc...

When I got the scope, I hadn't yet retired from the cop job, and used the rifle as my patrol rifle. We were issued 55 grain soft-point bonded ammo by Federal. Excellent stuff! The scope was regulated for 55 gr ammo, and it works well with that, to 300 yards, which is the farthest I've messed with it. Great little close-in scope - I had no problem qualifying with it, with 100% scores.

The Firedot SPR reticle is quite useful as well.

Great little coyote rifle & truck gun/scope combo.

Guy

I don't have that scope so I can't comment about it optically. I do have several ARs with optics and have found the one piece base/rings work best. The Burris pepr mounts are really good along with the Nikon and vortex mounts. They are all pretty similar. This is the PEPR mount on my AR with vortex PST 1-4.

ee22c7266fa1db027964c78e0ba60663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am planning to put one on my M70 Featherweight in 308. I wanted the Firedot, since it is a hunting gun and that scope is the lightest of the Illuminated options from Leupold.

5shot - yes - I've always liked the smaller, 20mm, low powered scopes and when I started using this one - immediately I realized that it would make a fine scope for a modest-range hunting rifle!

Guy

The VXR 1.25x4 is another excellent scope. Got one on my 45-70 and like it a lot.

Back