Light weight scopes

That's heavier than I thought. The ultralight one 3-9x33 is 8.8 oz and the 2-7x28 is 8.2 oz. But I have never looked through them so I don't know how bright they will be. I guess I need to go looking at scopes.

Of course my rifle is 7.5 pounds with the VX13-9x40 on it and thats not too bad. I would like it under 7 pounds though.

Corey

You will have a better field of view and more eye relief with the VXIII 2.8x8 than the compacts.

JD338

JD338":2vcouhay said:
You will have a better field of view and more eye relief with the VXIII 2.5x8 than the compacts.

JD338

+1 for sure on the field of view. The VX-III 2.5-8x36mm is far and away the best choice and you will not be disappointed. Looking through the compacts is like looking through a narrow pipe. All that JD338 said about the scope is absolutely true and it does not take away from the balance of the rifle in fact compliments it and on top of that is a very good looking scope.

I have two Leupold vxII 1-4 scopes. One on my AR, the other on my FN-Fal. I love them. My dad has the old Vari-x III 1.5-5 on his .338. He's killed ALOT of elk with it. 50 or 350 yards, heavy timber, or open plains, makes no difference to him. Both are great light weight multi-purpose scopes.

You guys makes some interesting points that I will have to consider. I appreciate that.

Corey

JD338":39zume84 said:
You will have a better field of view and more eye relief with the VXIII 2.8x8 than the compacts.

JD338
........Were you including the 1.5-5x20 VX111? It`s a more compact scope than the 2.5-8x36, and unless I`m mistaken, its listed FOV is wider.

FOV 1.5-5x20= 65.7' @ 100 yds on the 1.5x; 23.7' on 5x

FOV 2.5-8x36= 37' @ 100 yds on the 2.5x; 13.5' on 8x

All scopes are not equal in length and weight. A Cheap scope the Bushnell Banner 1.5 x4.5 is 10 inches and 10 ounces. I'm in the same situation finding a scope for a savage99 fearherweight. I've spent two days comparing scopes. and the banner seems to win the race. What really influenced me was I have one already on a 45-70 for 3 yrs. It has never failed or lost it's zero. So I'm going to try another one. keeps the rifle light and nice trim lines.

zeiss 3x9.... Light and very sharp optics. I use conetrol mounts with my light rifle as well. Expensive, but very strong. THis is on a 257 ultralight rifle.
Hardpan

I certainly enjoy the several Zeiss that I have. They are clear scopes.

Back