Limitations...

Oh yeah, staying active! I'm going to have nearly 500 miles on the bicycle this month. :)
9nhZfu3h.jpg

Have been shooting once a week most of the spring & summer. Mostly handguns, but getting back into rifles & longer ranges now.
fUZUiaCh.jpg

QNUKXWKh.jpg

Brushing up on my archery skills:
hs127pRh.jpg

And lifting or at least doing some "no-weight" exercises almost every morning. :) Ya, staying active for sure. Will be doing more hiking soon. Hunting season is right around the corner. Can't avoid some strength & stamina loss as I age, but I want to stay as fit and active as I can, for as long as I can.

Guy

I'd say that Scotty and I, along with most all the Marine veterans I know, feel the same.

Loved my service years. Sorry they're over, but nothing lasts forever. Were there bad times? Of course. Were there days that completely sucked? Yes indeed. However, overall, it was a wonderful thing for the younger version of me.

Thanks for saying "thank you." It startled me a few years back when people started saying that. I'd be wearing a USMC ball cap, and strangers would tell me thank you. That's pretty doggone kind. And a dramatic change from what happened to our returning Vietnam Veterans.

Guy

Guy, without getting into too much detail I can relate to your Vietnam Veterans comment. I served from 63 to 68 in the Navy. My other thought was I noticed you're wearing Electronic Muffs. I do the same as my hearing went downhill after Military Service. Over the years my hearing has not gotten any better and I rely on the Electronics constantly and definitely when I'm doing my HR-218 qualification course. Actually they work quite well when watching a good movie on TV. :grin:

Guy Miner":4rq25fcg said:
Loved my service years. Sorry they're over, but nothing lasts forever. Were there bad times? Of course. Were there days that completely sucked? Yes indeed. However, overall, it was a wonderful thing for the younger version of me.

Thanks for saying "thank you." It startled me a few years back when people started saying that. I'd be wearing a USMC ball cap, and strangers would tell me thank you. That's pretty doggone kind. And a dramatic change from what happened to our returning Vietnam Veterans.

Guy

That was said well better than I could muster!

And yes, you older Vet's from the Vietnam era definitely had it much harder coming home. Maybe I have been lucky, but I haven't ran across many folks giving me a hard time.

They're afraid of you Scotty! :wink:

Go around looking like Paul Bunyan with an attitude... :mrgreen:

Guy

Europe":1jry7h3a said:
cloverleaf":1jry7h3a said:
Do whatever you can for as long as you can, and adjust as your pride allows....but don't stop shooting. The option is hold down the recliner...Yuck! CL

amen! and to go a step further, which I have, dont quit "doing". I am now chief cook and bottle washer, at best. But I am still there to hear about the days activities of others in the field and to perhaps share thoughts with others about what might work the next day. No more hunting, or sailing, or drag racing, or even as much traveling, but I hope my last day here is, in the field, not in a recliner. stay, as active as you can for as long as you can, and dont "hide" because you are not the man or woman you once were.

And Scotty, Guy and others, thank you for the sacrifices your have made ( with your body and mind ) to help keep is free
Well said CL and April.

And yes, Thank You to all that have served and all those serving now.

Back