Load data stickers

jtoews80

Handloader
May 19, 2007
This is really quite petty, but I load for 3 brothers & my dad, sometimes my data gets lost etc so it is a luxary to have load stickers on the boxes. Problem is I'm almost out of Sierra & Speer stickers and don't feel like buying too many more with the exception of the 200 grn Gameking that my 30-378 loves( it works well above 3000fps too :oops: ).

CC.

I make my own as a word document. The caliber is big font and bold.
The bullet description is smaller bold and the load is not bold.
I cut them out and use a single piece of clear Scotch Labeling tape, 2" wide.
AmmoLabel.jpg

JD338

I've used the MTM-Caseguard load data stickers for a while, and like them. They have plenty of information on them, just fill in the blanks. They also come off without leaving a residue, which is nice. You can get a pack of them for about $4-5, and I think that's 20-30 labels. I know I buy them several packs at a time, every year or so, so I don't run out. If you load the same stuff all the time (a particular pet load for a given rifle) you don't even have to change the label, just re-fill the box with the same loads. I don't generally keep lot number data on my load labels, so I can re-fill without problems.

Mailling labels work good too. You can get those at any office supply store. Then you just need to go on there website and get the template for the labels you have chosen. Create the label with the information you want and print them off. You can then manually fill them out as you need them. The package that I got has 2000 labels and they were only a few dollars. You just have to peel and stick.

Avery labels of your choice. Microsoft Word, envelopes & labels function..
Similar to what JD shows. Get as fancy or simple as you wish.

dcopp75":2e79pb98 said:
Mailling labels work good too. You can get those at any office supply store. Then you just need to go on there website and get the template for the labels you have chosen. Create the label with the information you want and print them off. You can then manually fill them out as you need them. The package that I got has 2000 labels and they were only a few dollars. You just have to peel and stick.

YUP!

Also a while back I used the baby post its with some tape over it.

The number of firings to circle is a good touch.

I have been writing #F= and just penciling in a number.

jim

Great ideas guys. I like JD338's idea/way for labeling the box, it looks great. Beats the hell out of my felt pen scribble on the box. And Ol'Joe has it going on with the lable he is using.

You able to email that file, Ol Joe? I might be interested in printing my own, as well. That really mimics the MTM labels pretty closely, including the number of firings bit. Are you printing them on large sticky labels, or using paper and tape?

They print out on 2"x4" sticky labels. If anyone wants I will try to email a copy of the file to them. Just give me the addy you want them sent to and a day or two to get them out.

Ol` Joe":1jihf2lc said:
They print out on 2"x4" sticky labels. If anyone wants I will try to email a copy of the file to them. Just give me the addy you want them sent to and a day or two to get them out.

PM sent.

JD338

The stickers are a great idea, I think I'll try using Ol' Joe's template and trying to enter the data before I print as my handwriting is not great.
Thanks for the input.

CC.

Back