Long range .264 win mag project

mladucer

Beginner
Jan 12, 2009

Just got my barreled action back from Proof Research. After 3 hours of 320 grit sand paper I got it to fit into the HS precision stock and mounted the scope
And broke in the barrel. I'm getting ready to do some load testing with the 125 NP and 140 bergers. I'll post how my range day goes later towards the weekend.

Pretty serious looking piece of work. Looking forward to seeing your range results.

I love 264's, have one I've used for years and a new long range one on the way! The gunsmith is playing with my new one and is getting 3300fps with great groups using the 143gr ELD-X and RL33. My old one I shoot the 140gr Berger or AccuBond, both have been great performers for me. I went to the Berger when I started reaching a little more.

Very nice looking rig, congratulations.
Looking forward to your range report.

JD338

Very nice looking rifle. Love the 264 Win Mag. Easy to get 140's moving fast and it really seems to keep them on target as the range gets long.

Can't wait to see targets and your kid work.

Nice looking rifle, what make of trigger do you have in it? Looking forward to your range report.

It's got a 26" barrel with 1:8 twist and a Timney Trigger set to 2lbs. I'll be glad if I can get 3200 out of it and maintain good grouping.

Range Day was a success!

65gr of Retumbo. Crony wasn't reading

67gr of Retumbo. Crony wasn't reading

68.5 gr of Retumbo. 3155 av

69.5 gr Retumbo. 3230 av

70.5 gr of Retumbo. chrony wasn't reading again and I almost stopped my load testing because 69.5 shot so well. BUT........

71.5 gr of Retumbo. It was great morning to shoot!

Those are certainly enviable groups. You're there! Time to go fill the freezer.

That is really looking great. Not much to mess with there.

I got great speeds from Retumbo as well. Seemed to come alive the higher I pushed it.

Back