LR shooting scope help

Well, I think my decision was made for me, thanks to Steiner Optics:

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hi ... copes.html

Everything I want in a scope, and the price is awesome. Plus, if they offer it on Promotive, it will be even more of a steal.

That should work out very well for my intentions...anyone have any experience with Steiner and their glass quality?

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/200 ... ptik-gmbh/

I would suppose the quality of the glass would be in line with the price of their product as from my understanding you get what you pay for ! :mrgreen: I was told the Military line was way better than their other lines but that is not saying they make crap as I am sure they make a fine optic as long as they have been in business!

ajvigs":38jh3h2o said:

Everything I want in a scope, and the price is awesome. Plus, if they offer it on Promotive, it will be even more of a steal.

That should work out very well for my intentions...anyone have any experience with Steiner and their glass quality?

Just finished reading the entire thread on the link -- that Steiner sounds like a VERY nice scope, and a lot of bang for the buck! Are you thinking the 3-15 or 5-25, and which reticle? If Scott at Liberty Optics has a demo model in house, I may have to find time to drive over the mountain to take a look.

maverick2":kunhd6w7 said:
ajvigs":kunhd6w7 said:

Just finished reading the entire thread on the link -- that Steiner sounds like a VERY nice scope, and a lot of bang for the buck! Are you thinking the 3-15 or 5-25, and which reticle? If Scott at Liberty Optics has a demo model in house, I may have to find time to drive over the mountain to take a look.

3-15 should be perfect for what I want. Thinking either that new reticle or a plain mil-dot when it becomes available. Let me know if you get to see one in person, I am really hoping this is THE scope that will fit my needs

ajvigs":3hyuw6ff said:
maverick2":3hyuw6ff said:
ajvigs":3hyuw6ff said:

Let me know if you get to see one in person

Doesn't sound like it's very likely to find one of these anywhere to even look at until September. Dealers won't even have demos until then... Do you take the "leap of faith" and get on the waiting list based on reviews, or keep shopping and see what else you can find?

maverick2":1394phbm said:
ajvigs":1394phbm said:
maverick2":1394phbm said:
ajvigs":1394phbm said:

Let me know if you get to see one in person

Doesn't sound like it's very likely to find one of these anywhere to even look at until September. Dealers won't even have demos until then... Do you take the "leap of faith" and get on the waiting list based on reviews, or keep shopping and see what else you can find?

Honestly, I will probably let them hit the streets and read the reviews before I take the plunge. It sure sounds awesome as is, but will only know when people get their hands on them how good they really are. The Bushnell DMR is the other scope in my price range I am looking at, so it would be a toss up.

Steiner glass is on par with the best of the mid range optics IE nightforce nxs, leupold mark 6, vortex razor, US optics, etc. I would look at the msr reticle if I were buying a steiner. It may look a bit busy initially but once you acclimate to it you will like it better than a standard mil - dot reticle. If you plan on shooting any comps with it you will definitely like it better than the standard mil-dot. My buddy shoots for team steiner and he had the newest version in 5-25× at the snipershide cup, great scopes. Burris also released their new tactical scope in ffp mil/mil and it was pretty nice for the 1k price point. Not a Burris fan by any means but they stepped up on this one.

89, Which one are you in the picture.? Looks like quite a group of characters. Nice looking shooting country.

The ugly one, two to the left of the goofy dude in the steiner shirt. Looking at the photo two to the left.

usmc 89":1yo6b6fd said:
Holy crap Scott beretz, I posted my own pics. Ha!

Very impressive, Jeff. Very impressive, indeed. Good looking country for a comp shoot, I must say.

usmc 89":1sr0igwn said:
Steiner glass is on par with the best of the mid range optics IE nightforce nxs, leupold mark 6, vortex razor, US optics, etc. I would look at the msr reticle if I were buying a steiner. It may look a bit busy initially but once you acclimate to it you will like it better than a standard mil - dot reticle. If you plan on shooting any comps with it you will definitely like it better than the standard mil-dot. My buddy shoots for team steiner and he had the newest version in 5-25× at the snipershide cup, great scopes. Burris also released their new tactical scope in ffp mil/mil and it was pretty nice for the 1k price point. Not a Burris fan by any means but they stepped up on this one.

Just what I needed to hear Jeff. Looks like I will be picking up the new T5Xi when she becomes available. The MSR reticle is on the list, but I also am liking their new reticle they released with the scope at the SnipersHide cup.

Back