M-4 Carbine What to top it with?

I'm a big fan of the EOTech and the RMR by Trijicon. I've run the Trijicon on rifles, shotguns and pistols. The RMR is always on - no batteries for a great option for an all ways on weapon. The RMR is by far the fastest sight on a pistol for me. The EOtech is awesome from 10' to 300 yards. Like Guy said; a low 1-4 power scope with a heavy reticle works well too. I like leupold's Patrol series with the red dot and power saving deactivation switch. It turns off if no movement is detected and instantly comes back on when moved.
Your defensive needs maybe different from mine but here is what I've used. When I lived rurally It was an AR with the RMR and a green laser. I once caught a thief at my barn and painted him with the laser from 70yds and I'm pretty sure he pee'd his pants. The AR was perfect for when I lived in an area where my neighbors were 1/2 mile away. I now live in town and the AR is not the right choice. I now run an 18" barreled 20ga 870 with a huge ghost ring and loaded with #4s. The shotgun has a light on it as well. The light is very powerful and has a central beam that stays tight(6") out to 30' and a halo effect that lights up any room. The POI and the beam are the same - works pretty well. I've run that light on rifle and shotgun through a darkened "Shoot House" and the flashlight alone is the fastest CQ aiming tool I've used. The only thing not like about lasers and lights is that they project your presence and sometimes that isn't a good thing.

Scott

Scott brings up some very good points.
I too have gone back to the blunderbuss as my home defense long arm due to living in town.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm amazed no one has mentioned the Delta Point with all the Leupold users here. I have one on my home defense Rock River .223 and really like the fast acquisition with the red dot. Dot lights up when it senses motion, so battery last forever. I have only shot it out to 100 yards, but it is spot-on.

I have a C More Railway on one, a Leupold VXR on another, and a Burris 536 on one. They are pretty equal in speed, but the C More wins in light and no nonsense. It does need to be turned on, but works well with irons. The Burris is a fixed 5x but is surprisingly heavy for its size. It does have a very good FOV.

Back