Man........... Ruger #1 my big weakness!

JIM:

If I buy that thing I will never see the need to use anything else! This is why I can never ever keep a 30-06.

If I wasn't in the middle of building my 280 AI I would take it. But the 280 AI has already taken a back seat to 2 other No. 1s in the past couple of years. I am motivated to finish it now. Beatiful rifle though.
BP

BK":1bm4mjdt said:
Pretty stick of wood on that one, Pop.

At one time, I had myself convinced that when I drew another Oregon antelope tag, I was gonna buy a .25-06 No. 1 and have it rechambered to .257 Weatherby. Thankfully, that's no longer necessary with the SPS .257 in my safe, but I would still like to pick up a bunch of No. 1Bs. Unfortunately, Ruger seems to want to put the interesting chamberings in the 1S.

I've got lot's of #1B's.It really torques my jaws that Ruger dropped the "S" model except fpr those exotic calibers. I for one would be more than willing to swap forends a "B" fpr an "S". The only problem might be the location of the barrel mounted sling swivel on the barrel of the "S" models.
Paul B.

I already have 3 NO1's.

1B, 1V, 1H

PJGunner":1gi71n0i said:
BK":1gi71n0i said:
Pretty stick of wood on that one, Pop.

At one time, I had myself convinced that when I drew another Oregon antelope tag, I was gonna buy a .25-06 No. 1 and have it rechambered to .257 Weatherby. Thankfully, that's no longer necessary with the SPS .257 in my safe, but I would still like to pick up a bunch of No. 1Bs. Unfortunately, Ruger seems to want to put the interesting chamberings in the 1S.

I've got lot's of #1B's.It really torques my jaws that Ruger dropped the "S" model except fpr those exotic calibers. I for one would be more than willing to swap forends a "B" fpr an "S". The only problem might be the location of the barrel mounted sling swivel on the barrel of the "S" models.
Paul B.

Looking at the current listing of 1Bs, all that interests me is the 6.5 Creedmoor, which I already have in a 77 Hawkeye, and the .25-06, which I have in a 700 Classic. However, in the 1S, they offer a .300H&H, which I will buy at some point, a 9.3x74, which would be kinda cool, .45-70 in both blued and stainless steel, or in the 1A you can get a .303. I miss the days when you could get a .218 Bee, 6mm, .257 Roberts, 7x57 in a 1B. (There was another cool .22CF that I can't remember.) Different strokes for different folks. The Alexander Henry fore end leaves me cold.

JD338 - love the rifle - it would be terrific paired with my .375 Number One.

All my gun/hunting money this year is already allocated on hunts, taxidermy, and a couple of project rifles already in hand. Phooey.

Pop - you're just going to have to Man Up and buy some more Number One rifles! I think it's pretty cool that they've been available in so many different cartridges & configurations over the years. Terrific rifles!

My 458 Lott 1H

458lott.jpg

My 6mm 1B

6mm1.jpg

My 204 Ruger 1V

15537_1290074411385_1215971267_847415_3268946_n.jpg

"I miss the days when you could get a .218 Bee, 6mm, .257 Roberts, 7x57 in a 1B. (There was another cool .22CF that I can't remember.) Different strokes for different folks. The Alexander Henry fore end leaves me cold."

Well, I have the 6MM and .257 Bob in the "B" model and the 7x57 is an "A" model I don't have the 218 Bee but I have the .22 Hornet in the "B". The only other .22's I can recall are the .223 and 22-250. I have the .223 in the "V" model and it is a tack driver. I also took a #1 action and made a walkabout rifle with custom wood and the 20" barrel from a Remington Model 7
I guess the reason I like the Alex Henry forend is I like those old farquharson rifles that were so popular during the Victorian era. The "S" model Ruger was also called the "Victorian" and I'm thinking Bill Ruger modeled it after the Farquharsons.
Just a matter of beauty being in the eye of the beholder. :wink:
Paul B.

PJGunner":3my1rkg9 said:
"I miss the days when you could get a .218 Bee, 6mm, .257 Roberts, 7x57 in a 1B. (There was another cool .22CF that I can't remember.) Different strokes for different folks. The Alexander Henry fore end leaves me cold."

Well, I have the 6MM and .257 Bob in the "B" model and the 7x57 is an "A" model I don't have the 218 Bee but I have the .22 Hornet in the "B". The only other .22's I can recall are the .223 and 22-250. I have the .223 in the "V" model and it is a tack driver. I also took a #1 action and made a walkabout rifle with custom wood and the 20" barrel from a Remington Model 7
I guess the reason I like the Alex Henry forend is I like those old farquharson rifles that were so popular during the Victorian era. The "S" model Ruger was also called the "Victorian" and I'm thinking Bill Ruger modeled it after the Farquharsons.
Just a matter of beauty being in the eye of the beholder. :wink:
Paul B.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =212365987

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =212305212

Back