McMillan

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Going to drop the Model 70 action and barrel in this.

1759140ef25a555a16a05ca853a79a3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should be a good move for you, Vince. Those Macs are fine stocks.

joelkdouglas":3fv2rkxo said:
nvbroncrider":3fv2rkxo said:
There's something really wrong with that stock.

Bolt handle cutout is on the wrong side...

:grin:

Funnily enough, I see a number of those rifles ruined in that manner. Can't imagine that a firm would charge as much for something so messed up.

McMillan has been building great stocks for a long time Vince. I think you're going to be happy!

Which model is that? The hunter?

Guy

The Classic, Guy.
Winchester Classic stock. It's for my .338 Win Mag.
Next year I'm planning to Cerakote it, or some other form of water/humidity protection since it's a blue rifle. I may put a new stainless barrel on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrMike":1on3eilo said:
joelkdouglas":1on3eilo said:
nvbroncrider":1on3eilo said:

Funnily enough, I see a number of those rifles ruined in that manner. Can't imagine that a firm would charge as much for something so messed up.

Is that really a word Doctor? "Funnily"? Your right Vince should have only had to pay like $250 for that!

Vince you will love that stock looks good. It says in the box you don't have to bed it. But from my experience you should. My 338 shot good for a while but got really inconsistent the more I shot it.

The British influence, Jake. I mean, after all this is British Columbia.

Agree with nvbroncrider - I'd be sure to do a good bedding job. McMillan stocks are great, and yes it will work if you just bolt in the rifle, but... It's likely to work better if properly bedded.

Vince don't let anyone get to you about that beautiful stock, I have a Mac stock & it is top shelf :mrgreen: the bolt inset looks just right (y)!!!

Blessings,
Dan

Damn, you ruined a perfectly good McMillan by not getting a purple McSwirley!

joelkdouglas":3mmvjqcd said:
nvbroncrider":3mmvjqcd said:

I'm not so sure about that. I've got 3 matching McMillans and they all have that cut-out on the same side. Works for me. :roll: :lol:

Back