Might have a disease.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Anybody have any cures for 06 ailments? Can't seem to get rid of it. Picked up a 1991 Browning A-bolt with a new Bell and Carlson stock on it. Couldn't pass it up at the price tag. That makes 5. :shock: What would any man possibly need with five 30-06's? Gave it the usual cleaning regiment and adjusted the trigger to 3.25 lbs. Waiting on winter to ease up to test it out.

You sound like me! LOL
5 .30-06 rifles are never enough!
This coming from a man who has 3 .30-06's himself!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Only five? You're not even trying! Clearly, you need for focus to really stand out!

DrMike":ug9gcc85 said:
Only five? You're not even trying! Clearly, you need for focus to really stand out!

Went through some of my stockpile the other day......over 700 once fired 30-06 brass I've accumulated. Enough 30 caliber bullets and IMR 4350 to load up a small wagon. Clearly I've developed some kind of affinity for the cartridge. It just kind of snuck up on me. :eek: :grin:

ShadeTree":kfzrfalw said:
DrMike":kfzrfalw said:

Went through some of my stockpile the other day......over 700 once fired 30-06 brass I've accumulated. Enough 30 caliber bullets and IMR 4350 to load up a small wagon. Clearly I've developed some kind of affinity for the cartridge. It just kind of snuck up on me. :eek: :grin:

Well, you could do far worse than to own a 30-06. Still a great cartridge that needn't be kept in the shade for most situations. (y)

DrMike":16zsyq7o said:
ShadeTree":16zsyq7o said:
DrMike":16zsyq7o said:

Well, you could do far worse than to own a 30-06. Still a great cartridge that needn't be kept in the shade for most situations. (y)

Yeah in hindsight not a bad place to be with that cartridge with everything that's going on. One of those 30-06's and my 760 35 Remington would be the last 2 rifles I would get rid of from purely a cover all bases perspective. The M71 348 Win that was my Dad's would cover those bases also, but components are hard to get.

Only five? You're so far behind me you think you're in first place. :lol: One can never have two many 30-06s. (y)
Paul B.

ShadeTree":2udjx2kl said:
Anybody have any cures for 06 ailments? Can't seem to get rid of it. Picked up a 1991 Browning A-bolt with a new Bell and Carlson stock on it. Couldn't pass it up at the price tag. That makes 5. :shock: What would any man possibly need with five 30-06's? .

Long ago and in a far away place (oops wrong story) I also had five, a 03 Custom , 721 Remington, and two post 64 Winchester Mannlichers . I now I have a Springfield original, arsenal rebuild, the 721 is a 35 Whelen, and the 03 custom is still with me. As others have said you can't have to many.

Sorry, I’m not aware of any cure. Your only relief is to periodically buy another 30-06 to keep your ailment in some type of remission.
Duane

I see some things never change. Never a shortage of enablers on here. Ha! I'm so busy right now I don't have time to keep my coffee cup filled much less do anything with rifles so I'm not sure why I thought I needed another one. I'm hoping spring brings both better weather and some free time.

Here's my cure. Have a few shoulder surgeries. Then have a total replacement in which the wrong parts are installed in the wrong place. Then have half that artificial joint torn out. Voila. 30-06 free. While that approach works, I don't really recommend it.

My go to gun in a Tikka varmint stainless.

I fear the barrel is on the way down.
Not sure what to replace it with.
Might go with one of the few European wildcats - a 7,62x57.

Or just a new 30-06...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Paul Barnard":2idoj8gx said:
Here's my cure. Have a few shoulder surgeries. Then have a total replacement in which the wrong parts are installed in the wrong place. Then have half that artificial joint torn out. Voila. 30-06 free. While that approach works, I don't really recommend it.

If you're right handed, learn to shoot left handed. :wink:
Paul B.

Having one .30-06 is like eating potato chips, once you have one, you just can't stop with one, YOU GOTTA HAVE MORE!!!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

I only have three. My dad's old Rem model 740 Woodsmaster that hasn't seen the light of day in 20 years, and somehow I ended up with two identical Savages. Although one of the savages I'm thinking about letting JES rebore to 35 Whelen.

Back