Minox scopes

DrMike,
Thank you for the quick response and knowlegable evaluation. You are surely a valuable resource to this site. Based on that I am possibly going to buy a 4-20x50.
I still believe you should be writing for a shooting/hunting magazine!
Thanks again
Greg

I have a ZA3 3-9x, but I don't even have it mounted. I'm interested in the ZA5 3-15x42? 44? and the scope you're looking at. I'm interested in a review. I have a Swift, and soon will have a .204/.223/.22-250 that I'll need to glass (stock already ordered from McMillan), plus my Creedmoor and .257 Weatherby need glass.

Greg,

I was probably too brief last evening due to the press of time. All the Minox rifle scopes that I've looked at were excellent (as were the Minox binoculars), giving shooters the option of European glass at very reasonable prices. The scopes reflect their origin, in my opinion. I do not have one on any of my rifles, but only because I have qualified for other scopes at lower prices.

This isn't a full report on the 4-20x50 Minox but it's a comparison on how the glass looks compared to the Zeiss, Leupold, Bushnel 4200 Elite and Nikon Monarch. I don't have my Swarovski scope any more but I do have the binoculars.
The Minox lenses had "that look"! The crystal clear water look that the swarovski has. It's my opinion that it edges the Zeiss and others except Swarovski for clarity and color rendition. Top glass and quality optics always give me that surprise when I'm focused perfectly and move it a little more and it gets clearer yet. I've never looked through the high end Leupold above VX-lll quality or Schmidt and Bender to compare.
I was suppose to go to the range yesterday but it rained and blew.
I would and will buy Minox again for the lens quality if the adjustments work as advertised. I didn't get the ranging reticle but I will next time. The eye relief seemed substantial. Close to 4 " if not a little more at low power. I put it on the 8MM Rem. Mag. to try it. If it holds I'll probably put it on the 7MM RUM with the 300 yd zero. It's got a trajectory adjustable turret for beyond 400 yard work. It ain't bad for the bucks :grin:
Greg

Good report, Greg. I do like Minox. They do indeed make a good product.

I own a pair of Minox 10x43 binos and I love them. I have looked through a friends sworofskys and I dont see any difference to speak of.

Back