Minox scopes

Charlie, you can bet as soon as I get it mounted, I will get it out for zeroing! Can't wait to see how it fares. I am not to keen on great optics, but I like clear eyeboxes, full view of the crosshairs and repeatability in the dials. If it does those well, I am pretty happy. I guess when I get those old eyes like 257 Ackely, I will really like those Euro scopes! I imagine trying to find those little prairie rats would wear my eyes down also though! :twisted:

Distance wise I'm still good...it's trying to read something or tie a fishing line that I run into trouble :x . When I look through my scopes with my glasses, I'm seeing some really fuzzy objects. When I take them off I'm fine.

Shoot, I've begun hunting by braille. If I can't feel fur, there is no sense on wasting a good bullet. If you feel teeth, go to the other end. The Texas heart shot works well if you have enough gun.

257 Ackley":17z3iang said:
Distance wise I'm still good...it's trying to read something or tie a fishing line that I run into trouble :x . When I look through my scopes with my glasses, I'm seeing some really fuzzy objects. When I take them off I'm fine.

Everything is fuzzy in a machine gunners eyes Joel!

Mike, that was pretty funny! I just laughed my butt off! Scotty

DrMike":1c6igacn said:
Shoot, I've begun hunting by braille. If I can't feel fur, there is no sense on wasting a good bullet. If you feel teeth, go to the other end. The Texas heart shot works well if you have enough gun.

Mike -
you have got to stop!! :lol: I have tears rolling just thinking about the image.

Scotty - I don't think it was the 60 that did it to me :). Might have been a few trips down to Tijuana that did the damage :shock:.

Oh man it must take awhile for effects of TJ to hit. Hopefully they don't hit me for awhile! I spent a few nights down there! Scotty

I've been driving by braille for some years now, so the transition in my shooting wasn't all that hard. I do have some difficulties on occasion explaining the powder burns on my targets. I've said for some time now that a 30 calibre pencil works wonders for groups. It works less spectacularly for bear and moose, however.

I believe Minox is actually owned by Leica. The weight and quality is awesomly clear and strong so far.
Greg

Alright, I have got to get my 3-9 Minox BDC mounted on a rifle next trip home. I think it'll probably end up on an SS ADL '06, which should be good, as I have a ton of ammo ready to go for it. Hope Talley LW lows will work!

Back