Minox ZA5 (Sask Boy's Scope)

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Sask Boy asked that I post this picture of his son's rifle. Dan just mounted a new Minox ZA5 on it. He'll be along shortly to tell us about what he has done.

DansSonsRifle.jpg

Hi this is my son's BDL can anyone guess the caliber :shock:
A number years ago a older gentleman came into the shop and advised that he did not want the hassle of registering this rifle and asked if anyone was interested.
I took a look at it and you could tell it was in great shape so I asked him what he wanted it for it and he stated $350.00 (Canadian Hey) :mrgreen: well I asked if he would like cash and I took him with me to the bank and gave it to him. I think it was the best deal I have made todate 8). I later found out that this rifle was actually his wifes and she had not shot it a dozen times.
I placed a 4200 on it and this was one of my last 2 bushnells and now it has the ZA-5 on it and will be out to the range this week to get set up. I believe that it might be the clearest scope for the money that I have looked through.
The other 4200 was on my CDL and it now has the VX-6 on top.

Blessings,
Dan

Judging from the recoil pad it should be a magnum of some kind, you have loaded for a 7mm RM in the past so that's my guess. Awfully nice gun especially for $350.

That is a great looking BDL Dan. I would say you stole it! It looks great with that Minox on top of it too.

Hi gerry, it is actually a 270win. the reason for the large recoil pad is my son is 6'5" with long arms.
Yes it is a good looking rifle and with some trigger work a real nice shooting rifle as well.
I am looking forward to playing with the BDC on the Minox scope:)
Will keep you informed.

Blessings,
Dan

Nice setup, Dan. If you weren't up above the border, I'd have to ask you what you'd like to do with the 4200s you took off...I'd love to have them.

Hey, dub, we can send scopes your way; we just can't receive them. Go figure! Homeland Security, keeping America safe ... from Canadians while ignoring other borders.

Yeah - you Canucks are a dangerous bunch! Wouldn't want you to be able to see how bad the folks in DC are screwing up everything...

We have our own villain and varlets occupying the halls of government and enriching themselves. :shock: We let them run rampant, hoping that the rest of the world will take note and avoid the trap. So far, it hasn't worked. :cry:

DrMike":so6imtwn said:
Homeland Security, keeping America safe ... from Canadians while ignoring other borders.

If there was ever a group of people not to fear... sorry! (pronounced like 'or' like Canuckians, do, not 'sarry' like us Ugly Americans.)

Eh! Who are you calling a Canadian Eh? I know that I am too close to the border when I here that Eh, more than Huh or what! I am surrounded and they can't understand why I would want to own a gun! You could hurt yourself, Eh? You know that only criminals want guns Eh? My life in a nutshell, living with all these urban Canadians who have never been more than 15 feet from their car or an elevator!

sask boy":39zkoqdx said:
Hi gerry, it is actually a 270win. the reason for the large recoil pad is my son is 6'5" with long arms.
Yes it is a good looking rifle and with some trigger work a real nice shooting rifle as well.
I am looking forward to playing with the BDC on the Minox scope:)
Will keep you informed.

Blessings,
Dan

I hang my head in shame...... On the plus side that's a very nice combo, just about perfect for hunting in Saskachewan I would think :)

On the plus side that's a very nice combo, just about perfect for hunting in Saskachewan I would think

Or BC, for that matter. :grin:

Hey dub, I have already sold both the scopes the last one which I took of my own CDL is still @ my house but the guy that bought it gave me a down payment on it.
The scopes function fine I just don't like being told that a lifetime warranty is to old :?

Blessings,
Dan

The Japanese do that "too long" number with "Lifetime Warranties". Apparently "lifetime" means ten years or death, whichever comes first. Nikon has done that to me on a camera lens as well. At least the Germans are honest and will honor 25 years or whatever they promise and of course Leupold is Lifetime guarantied.

I just adjusted accordingly and only own US, US-German hybrid, or Austrian made optics. My last Japanese optic went down the road last year, good riddance, for bad warranties.

"You live too long round eye."

The ZA 5 should be an awesone scope on the .270 Winchester. I have one on my .300 Win Mag and don't regret it.

Yeah Dan! Hope you had a chance to test it out. Hard to mess with the ZA5's too much. I would like one of the 3x15's for the 264 I think. I will wait for them to go on sale again and strike.. That rifle needs a good scope on it.

Russ,

I think Dan will be posting intermittently for a while. There was another unexpected medical procedure that cropped up. Hopefully, he's on the mend, but it did mean that he is not as regular as before.

Back