Missed the boat!!!!

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Monday I was poking around the local pawn and gun shop killing time waiting on my eye doc appointment when I found a Model 70 in 225 Win, Tag said 1966 manufacture. Really nice condition and a price I could live with. I thought I'm just going to hold out for a pre '64 in a cartridge that's a little more useful to me. I went to the eye appointment and talked myself into going back to get the rifle. When I walked in a guy was filling out the forms to purchase it....I felt bad for a brief second when I thought "Maybe he'll fail the background check" GRRRR!!!!

Does anyone make 225 brass these days? You may have only missed the Titanic... or the SS Minnow & a 3 hour tour.

358 WCF":1nlk732x said:
Does anyone make 225 brass these days? You may have only missed the Titanic... or the SS Minnow & a 3 hour tour.
Quality cartridge makes it, about $35 for twenty of them, so not a cheap endeavor. I’ve heard it can be made from 30-30, but it’s not a straight forward task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I get it my brother. I passed on a Ruger International in 250 Savage ($250) a few years ago. I'm still riding the self-kicking machine about twice a week on that one.....

I know the feeling was in a WalMart 15 years ago and they were closing out a Remington 700 ADL wood stock blued rifle $250 in 22-250 should of bought it.

Back