Model 70 35 Newton

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
31,355
656
BK":1tgv16k4 said:
I dunno, man. I may not ever get the .300 RUM up and running.

Your brain and retina's are probably thanking you... :lol:

Brian's 300 was seriously no fun to shoot.. Not sure, but man, it would rattle your bridge work..
 

Woodycreek

Handloader
Aug 2, 2007
2,240
0
SJB358":a1kupqm6 said:
This year it is just me. My elk hunting traveling partner ditched me this year. :lol:
.

Im not much on Spider Monkey II road trip. Still have yet to get over that return ride home :evil: This time you may actually put fish in your pockets for lunch!
 

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
2,019
0
Yeah, forcing someone OUT of the restroom to toss their cookies is not a good sign.....

:shock: :shock: :? :?
 

longrangehunter

Handloader
Jun 19, 2011
1,468
1
I can not believe what I'm reading Scotty congratulations! Wow you got it together and even better that someone as nice as they are to do it for you, that's awesome! I remember us talking about the Newton, great cartridge. I honestly thought it was a pipe dream since you already have a 35 Whelen, seems like over a year ago? Way to cool Scotty, and I have the prefect scope for it on my Whelen. A 1.5-6x42 Swarovski PV in a 30mm tube.... but it's not for sale! Ha Ha..... But no it's not for sale.

Besides it has a dent from a rock when it slipped off my shoulder, I went to grab it by the sling only to cause it to swing around and hit a rock at full force! Ouch that hurt! I was butt chapped for weeks because of that, it still shot to the same POA. The scope came off a M70 boss 338WM I sold as a matter of fact! Wow your M70 338WM and now it's a 35 Newton! Very cool Scotty, I am glad your dream came true!

Take care and good luck Elk hunting as well.
 

Oldtrader3

Ammo Smith
Nov 6, 2009
8,406
2
Scotty, I think that a 1.75-6 VX3 Leupold might be what you need for the Newton. Not only in power range but in Eye Relief as well.
 

Hegland

Handloader
Jun 1, 2006
866
0
tddeangelo":vvn3vmk6 said:
Yeah, forcing someone OUT of the restroom to toss their cookies is not a good sign.....
Been there and done that. :( A Sinclair station on Highway 34 somewhere in Nebraska...
 

Oldtrader3

Ammo Smith
Nov 6, 2009
8,406
2
I have been to that Sinclair station if it is the one in Sinclair NE? Glad I wasn't with you guys!!
 

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
31,355
656
longrangehunter":1p8xj9ee said:
I can not believe what I'm reading Scotty congratulations! Wow you got it together and even better that someone as nice as they are to do it for you, that's awesome! I remember us talking about the Newton, great cartridge. I honestly thought it was a pipe dream since you already have a 35 Whelen, seems like over a year ago? Way to cool Scotty, and I have the prefect scope for it on my Whelen. A 1.5-6x42 Swarovski PV in a 30mm tube.... but it's not for sale! Ha Ha..... But no it's not for sale.

Besides it has a dent from a rock when it slipped off my shoulder, I went to grab it by the sling only to cause it to swing around and hit a rock at full force! Ouch that hurt! I was butt chapped for weeks because of that, it still shot to the same POA. The scope came off a M70 boss 338WM I sold as a matter of fact! Wow your M70 338WM and now it's a 35 Newton! Very cool Scotty, I am glad your dream came true!

Take care and good luck Elk hunting as well.

Thank you. It is a truly awesome rifle now. Can't wait to get it out and shoot it some.

Hegland":1p8xj9ee said:
tddeangelo":1p8xj9ee said:
Yeah, forcing someone OUT of the restroom to toss their cookies is not a good sign.....
Been there and done that. :( A Sinclair station on Highway 34 somewhere in Nebraska...

Yeah, I am pleading the 5th..... :lol:
 

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007
6,117
10
Somehow I missed posting on this talk about a cool round, congrats. That set up just screams for a good hunt in my neck of the woods for coastal grizzly along the small creeks where salmon run and shots are often very close. Very nice.
 

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
35,224
1,789
gerry":4qgfkcak said:
That set up just screams for a good hunt in my neck of the woods for coastal grizzly along the small creeks where salmon run and shots are often very close. Very nice.

Wouldn't that just work in the thickets, Gerry?
 

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
6,911
242
The way obummer is going we all might have to move to B.C. just to stay out of jail even though we have committed no crime. :( :evil:
 
Top