Monday Gunday with my son!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Got to the gun club with my son this morning for some handgun practice. He was carrying his tiny Ruger EC9 ccw gun. That thing sure shoots nice for such a tiny 9mm handgun!

I practiced with the 22 cal Ruger Single Six which I truly enjoy! Was rusty at first, but after a dozen shots I settled down, and started shooting some decent groups. I really like this single action Ruger!
KanaB3bh.jpg

Later I did some double-action defensive shooting with my S&W Model 60, using 38 ammo.
V6seqNzh.jpg

My son and I had been practicing regularly at the gun club for quite a while, but got out of the habit. We're back! Monday Gunday is a good thing.

Regards, Guy

A single six makes for a happy time at the range! They are such accurate little guns, I have shot both ground squirrels and rock chucks with mine!! That High Standard is just as accurate and a bit lighter to carry!

Does your model 60 have a 3” barrel? I wish more folks offered that length for ccw handguns, I like it better than either the 2” or 4” for that application!

A single six makes for a happy time at the range! They are such accurate little guns, I have shot both ground squirrels and rock chucks with mine!! That High Standard is just as accurate and a bit lighter to carry!

Does your model 60 have a 3” barrel? I wish more folks offered that length for ccw handguns, I like it better than either the 2” or 4” for that application!
Yup, three inch barrel. I like it. :)

Got a couple of LCRx with 3-inch barrels. They are super light, super handy, and put a super-sized grin on your face when you shoot it. Only wish it was a true six shooter like the smith.

Back