Mossberg 590

Vince2

Handloader
Jan 21, 2022
Was perusing Gunjoker and saw this.
Maybe I need to get this and add a 28” barrel for things that fly through the air? I’ve already got a Remington 870 set up for defensive use with slugs.

Vince

For things that fly through the air....a 500 might be better.

I don't think anyone even makes a 28 inch barrel for a 590, the 590 is all tactical.... model 500 barrels won't fit them, the magazine end cap is different.

You can change up the mag tubes and maybe interchange some of them, but even that is difficult and limited because of where the loop is on the barrel.

Looks like I’ll have to get another shotgun then.
I’ll look at the auto loading hunting shotguns.

Merry Christmas y’all !

Vince

Last edited:
Looks like I’ll have to get another shotgun then.
I’ll look at the auto loading hunting shotguns.

Merry Christmas y’all !

Vince
The only acceptable answer. LOL

I know I'm simpleminded, but I have a bit of an issue with the different controls on my 870 vs my BPS. If I ever pick up a serious social pump, it gonna HAVE to be an 870.

The only acceptable answer. LOL

I know I'm simpleminded, but I have a bit of an issue with the different controls on my 870 vs my BPS. If I ever pick up a serious social pump, it gonna HAVE to be an 870.
I understand what you’re saying.

I’m in the process of switching to all Mossberg. Both agencies I worked for used the Remington 870 so it made sense to stick to that at home.
Since I’m a lefty and no longer working corrections or law enforcement the Mossberg makes more sense for me.

Vince

I understand what you’re saying.

I’m in the process of switching to all Mossberg. Both agencies I worked for used the Remington 870 so it made sense to stick to that at home.
Since I’m a lefty and no longer working corrections or law enforcement the Mossberg makes more sense for me.

Vince
I could probably overcome my issues, but I LIKE 870s, and I think my bird hunting would screw up any training I would get. If I didn't chase birds, I could fully commit to a Mossberg...

Please excuse the messy bed.
The action on this boomer is quieter, and smoother, than my 870 and fits me better having that short LOP. I also dislike the pistol grip on my 870.

3F87C9E7-1033-4AF2-87A1-F7F057C96283.jpeg

Back