Most accurate bullet

Elkman":szdkymee said:
Dave
There was never any harm !! I also learned from this. When I looked at the posts I see that the majority of responders have found the Nosler Bullets to be the most accurate. As I am waiting for a new/used rifle to arrive I ordered some Nosler Custom Comp bullets to try in it for my first loads. I have not used them or the BT's in the past, but will probably in the futuure, based on the small sampleing here, if I have a need (I am bullet rich).

Bill,

I think because this is Noslers site you will find some bias in the answers you get (I don't think that is bad either but it is my opinion). I think Nosler makes some of the most accurate hunting bullets out there as does Sierra. I've shot a unfair number of NBT's in the past and they are a good judge of accuracy. Those use to be my main bullets of choice. I have switched to various other higher BC bullets in recent years like Berger, Hornady Amax, and Matrix VLD's. Most of the time they will edge out NBT's for accuracy and they give you a higher BC for long range. I'm not sold on them for on game performance though as I think they are destructive up close with low penetration. That is one reason myself and many others have been harping on Nosler to step up their game. The ABLR is their response. Hopefully it becomes the new standard in a true hunting bullet.

I use Partitions for game hunting. I have found them to be very accurate as well. However, in some larger calibers, I weigh each bullet and sort them into .30 grain variance groups before seating into cases.

30 cal, 180 gr all day. Any brand..as long as it is a 180 gr it will work good.

7mm cal 140 gr

22 cal anything. lol

25 cal 115, 120, 117 in that order

270 cal 130 gr

243 cal 100 gr

Back