Mr Nosler, any chance of a .338" Custom Comp Bullet? Please

HomerOz

Handloader
Sep 13, 2012
G'Day Fella's,

I was going to word the "Subject" a bit different but thought this would be a bit more appropriate!

I've had a Rem 700 MLR bolt rifle in .338Lapua Magnum for a couple of years now, and hadn't had much chance to do any work with it or on it.
I had shot the occasional 1 1/2 to 2" group with a few different bullets (Hornady and Woodleighs) but wasn't very happy with that!
I was thinking, well they are Hunting Bullets not Target Bullets, and that will deck most things without much fuss!
Well the other day, I finally had a bit of time to dismantle this rifle and have a look inside the stock (HS Precision), and at the bedding.
It wasn't what you might call pretty, so I decided to bed this rifle and here are the results (x 5 shots) of that, 10 days after!

FYI, this load consisted of; Lapua Cases, http://www.woodleighbullets.com.au 250grn Protected Point/Soft Nose (PP/SN Weldcore/Bonded Bullet), CCI 250Mag Primers and a Maximum Safe Working Load (MSWL) of ADI AR-2217/H-1000 Powder, for a velocity of just over 3000fps (Oehler 35P) @11 Degrees C.

Homer is a Happy Lad!!!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    491.9 KB · Views: 327
G'Day Fella's,

Dr Mike, thank you for that kind comment and the advice on the 300grn AB's!
And Yes, I'm a pretty happy camper at present!!!

Doh!
Homer

Homer,

Take a look at the 250 gr AB.
It shoots very well in my 338 RUM.
338RUM250grABa-1.jpg

JD338

Wow! Those are some impressive groups right there! Man, those 338's are bringing the wood to the fire! HA!

Homer that is a fine shooter for sure and I guess people talking bad about QD rings on a big bore just do not know what they are talking about !! :lol: have you tried any Berger's in that monster or can ya get them in your parts? I know they are even hard to come by here in NM ? You must have them all down your way :roll: some really nice shooting by the owner I might add :mrgreen: they are talking about making a ABLR bullet in 338 and that is in the YouTube video in my earlier post was about! I would not have any idea what weight as I think length will be an issue but why not a 300? My 338-378 is really accurate with 225 gr and it's fixing to have a new dress atop it soon :lol:
Would that be a March atop that tack driver Homer, JD that is a fine looking group ya got going on s well !

Back