My elk hunt is on TV this week.

Scott Spencer

Handloader
Mar 27, 2008
For those of you with Directv, my Colorado elk hunt was filmed for TV (Living The Wildlife) and it will be broadcast on Wed, Feb 11, at 7:00 p.m. central, on Channel 608 (The Pursuit Channel). It will air again on the same channel on 2/12 at 10:00 a.m. and on 2/13 at 9:00 a.m. I hope some of you will watch it and let me know what you think.

Yes, I got a little emotional so take pity on this Alabama boy on his first hunt out west. I also took my hat off to shoot so no preaching about the Colorado regs. :grin:

Very cool! 8)
Give us the details on the equipment you used for the hunt.

JD338

Well, I dont have Direct TV, but congrats. How about some details for those of us who only have cable. :)

Long

That is awsome. Is this hunt where you shoot the elk that is coming off the top of a hill and it came down? And you walked up on your own?

Corey

Thanks for the heads up (no pun intended about the hat being off ) on the program and congratulations on the elk hunt and it being on TV. Cool, indeed. :grin:

Scott "Hollywood" Spencer

Thanks for posting the link. I watched the hunt and really enjoyed it. Congratulations on a very nice bull. Good job! 8) :lol:

JD338

That was a great hunt! You showed a lot of patience and good hunting ethics. One of the best hunting shows I've seen. I'd much rather watch a hunt like that...one that really means something to someone who had to put some time in to make a kill as opposed to another "jim zumbo" type hunt.
Congrats on a great bull. You deserve it.

I noticed my web site had been getting some hits from this site Scott and I had to take a look. I told you that you were gonna be famous. See ya on Wednesday... all over the country :)
Danny

Danny Dodge":bqjzopar said:
I noticed my web site had been getting some hits from this site Scott and I had to take a look. I told you that you were gonna be famous. See ya on Wednesday... all over the country :)
Danny
Welcome to the Nosler forum, Danny!! Yes, I am telling everyone to watch. Surprisingly, a lot of folks don't have the Pursuit Channel but I wanted them to see the show!

Scott, thanks for posting that link as I don't get the Pursuit Channel (Dish Network). Congrats on a great 1st bull elk. I too got my first bull elk in Oct 2008, but it was just a spike (I'm still extremely happy with it, as I was on public land doing it by myself). I too share your sentiments about wishing your father could share your experience, as I wish my father was still alive to share in my hunting experiences.

Congrats Scott! I have never seen so many elk in one place during hunting season. Thanks for the link.

Congratulations on your elk. Once it gets in your blood it is pretty hard to get it out. I would give up the rest of hunting if I could combine it all to hunt elk! Scotty

Gee Scott, YOU get to go elk hunting AND get to watch YOU on TV seen around the world and know you are going to be a big star and we dont AND YOU want pity from us? Yea sure ok , NOT! :lol: . Congrats !!

LOL!! Big TV star....right. :grin:
It really was a great hunt and I do know that ANY bull elk is a trophy.

I'm already saving coin again for a mule deer hunt next year. I've been invited on a DIY antelope hunt in WY this fall by someone who I met while on my elk hunt so I guess the dividends are paying off. :wink:

It only takes once to get bitten by the Western bug to get hooked. Watch out, you will be looking for a way to move somewhere in the West so you can hunt more! Scotty

Back