My first elk

recoil junky

Beginner
Sep 19, 2006
I was all of 4 years old when I went with Dad elk hunting for the first time. It's a day I will never forget.

IMG_1016.jpg

This elk was killed up Lolo Creek out of Missoula. I've yet to get one that big myself but I'll keep trying 'till I do.

RJ

Great photo and memory! I'm sure you treasure that pic... thank's for sharing.

Here's Ben's (my oldest son) second elk. Still bigger than anything I've killed. I think it was all in the guiding :grin:

IMG_0717.jpg

He was using the same rifle Dad used to kill the one in the first picture. A 1917 Enfield 30-06 AI Custom sporter. Darn thing still shoots better than I can hold it.

RJ

Awesome bulls, thanks for sharing some of your found memories with us.

JD338

recoil junky

Welcome....appears your from around my old stomping grounds. I grew up over there just to the south west of you.
Awesome pic !!
Blue Mtn area on the second bull?

No, got him in area 13 'bout 7 miles south of Craig. The feller on the left isn't me by the way, just one of our hunting pards.

I've got lot's of hunting pictures. Wait 'til after I help guide for Hunting Buddies 1st season. Hunting Buddies is part of the Colorado Outdoor Buddies program where we take physically handicapped hunters out for the hunt of a lifetime. Most of the folks are wheelchair bound for one reason or another. It's a great time. Helps them forget about their troubles for a day or two. Our success rate since I've been helping? 100 % of course!!! Well it was 100% before I started helping :roll:

RJ

Back