My latest painting

Bigcat_hunter

Beginner
Jan 17, 2006
I call it "The Final Seconds". I almost named it "Which one would you shoot?" haha. This painting was inspired from hunting the rim rocks above Prineville Reservoir in Central Oregon. We found a cat den and several deer kills but never did connect with the cougar. I am sure he was watching us the whole time we were looking for him! They really need to let us run dogs in Oregon. Anyway, I am selling prints if anyone is interested. They should be ready by the end of next week. They will be $250.00 for prints on canvas. They will also be framed. Size; 16" x 24". Just visit my website if you want one at; www.pawprints-fineart.com or PM me. Here is a link to the painting from my site;

http://www.pawprints-fineart.com/images ... ds_001.jpg

I would shoot the cat first, then the mule. Most likely the mule will stand there for another shot.........

"Most likely the mule will stand there for another shot........."

Man, not around here! :shock: They're gone with a hint of a human in the area... Especially the better bucks. Some of the does are pretty silly about hanging around and watching a hunter, which led to some great venison when either my son or I had a doe tag! :grin:

Good looking painting there Bigcat_hunter! Thanks for the description of your inspiration.

Regards, Guy

REALLY?

G's, In our area you can whistle at them and they will stop. They will let you shoot at them 2 or 3 times before they leave.........Even then they are not in a hurry. In our area, the whitetails are the jittery ones.

Back