My new custom arrived today......

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Straight from the Savage custom shop!

300 RUM Laminated stainless steel, everything done to it! Love the bolt jeweling and my name on the bolt! :)

Can not wait to shoot it!

SV101195.jpg

SV101196.jpg

SV101197.jpg

SV101202.jpg

I didn't know Savage had a custom shop!

Good on ya - great cartridge, and should be a great rifle! Report soon please....

Oh yeah they got one! I think you might be able to get even Savage 99's from there!

Check their website they list no rums...but I got mine! Everything was put together by one guy, from start to finish so if a regular savage shoots as well as it does .....imagine this one!

Congratulations Fotis!
Let us know how she shoots.

JD338

OK Pop:
I'm officially jealous. I love and own several and they are still my go to gun for most hunts but I didn't know they had a custom shop either. I'll check the web sight again. So tell us all the details. Barrel length, weight, custom options. It's a beauty.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

It has a 26" barrel and all the accuracy tricks have been done to the action, as I was told by the manager ofthe Custom shop. Weight is 7 3/4 lbs as seen in the pictures. Accutrigger, pillar bedded, free floated, button rifled etc. Talley lightweight (less than 2 oz) 1 piece aluminum rings (30mm) ans a Leupy 4.5x14x40mm LR from their custom shop with M1 dials! All under 9 lbs that will shoot like a sendero or maybe better????????

I can taste the 200 gr Accubonds at 3150 fps and the 168 gr Tipped TSX's at 3500 fps!!!!

LAZER!

You wanna know what is really funny?

With a 35 dollar wrench, a new magazine, barrel, and bolt head i can shoot 223 out of this thing!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"With a 35 dollar wrench, a new magazine, barrel, and bolt head i can shoot 223 out of this thing!!!!! "

Or just swap out the barrel when this one dies. That fact, along with the excellent accuracy people are getting from Savage bolt guns, makes the Savage very, very appealing - do it yourself barrel swaps instead of taking the rifle to a gunsmith, waiting for weeks and spending hundreds more...

Still looking forward to that range report... You didn't take it out and shoot overnight??? :grin:

Thanks one fine looking rifle. 8) 8) 8)

I'm thinking you could show it to an elk and he fall over :shock: :lol: :lol:

Very nice Pop. Maybe you should market the "Custom Fotis Savage", might be a big seller. :grin: Time to load up some E-Tips to try them out.

well........

Did you shoot it yet???????? :grin:

JD338

Yes I plowed through feet of snow to get to the range,,,,,NOT :lol:

OK
We're all going over to Pop's house for Christmas and watch him shoot that new rifle. I'll bring the popcorn!! :grin:
Good hunting

Greg Nolan":oc8ghi47 said:
OK
We're all going over to Pop's house for Christmas and watch him shoot that new rifle. I'll bring the popcorn!! :grin:
Good hunting

I'm in! I'll bring the snow shovel.
Pop, what about the JACK. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD338

Jack or OUZO with your Greek food?

OPAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26091.jpg

Back