My New Scope is Shipping Today!

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Finially, my new scope is shipping today from Leupold!

Its a VX-3 2.5-8x32mm handgun scope.
http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting ... -5-8x32mm/
I already have the rings and Alumnia flip covers. Going to mount it on my S&W 629 Classic 44 Rem Mag.

Its going to be the new WT rig for out back this fall. :mrgreen:

JD338

Nice! Never got the hang of shooting a handgun with a scope. Now a red dot, on the other hand...

Wow just saw that scope. S&W 629 classic is a great 44 mag!!!
I have a Ruger Redhawk SS 7.5" 44 mag
I am kinda sorta decent with it. :roll:
I believe I can consistently place shots in a 10" plate at maybe 35 yards but that is as good as it gets with me behind the trigger.
It serves its purpose as the in-camp protector.

My hat is off to you Jim. I am impressed that some can use a revolver for hunting. Really!!! That scope is gonna do it for you Jim.

338winmag

Still do not have the scope. Kinda disappointed in Leupold......
It is susposed to be here next week, we shall see.

JD338

JD338":1zibslk8 said:

You better not say that too loud Jim, I am going to think you were possessed by some kind of demon or something! I am not sure I could ever believe those words could come outta your lips! :lol:

SJB358":1b77qwg9 said:
JD338":1b77qwg9 said:

You better not say that too loud Jim, I am going to think you were possessed by some kind of demon or something! I am not sure I could ever believe those words could come outta your lips! :lol:

Me too buddy.

They lost my order from end of June. I reordered and then when I called to get a delivery date, they didn't see it in their system. My contact was on vacation and before I could talk to her, the rings and scope covers showed up. I call her last Monday and she said she had a scope for me and it was going out. I called her Friday asking for the tracking number and found out it didn't ship. Like I said, pretty disappointing.

JD338

My scope arrived today!

Need to get it mounted and zeroed in with the 300 gr JHP.

JD338

Good deal, glad you got it Jim. Looking forward to seeing how it shakes out on the range.

What are you doing with the old one?

SJB358":1z66zf8x said:
Good deal, glad you got it Jim. Looking forward to seeing how it shakes out on the range.

What are you doing with the old one?

+ONE?

Not sure yet what I m going to do with the old one.

JD338

Here is the new WT set up for out back.
S&W 629 Classic 44 Rem Mag topped off with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x32mm scope.
I am waiting on Leupold to exchange the front 32mm Alumina scope cover for the correct size which is 36mm.
IMG_07931.jpg

I will get it zeroed in with the Nosler 300 gr JHP this weekend.

JD338

Back