My new Tikka impresses me yet again!

The 7WSM is assuredly one of my favourite cartridges. It has served me well, and I anticipate that it will continue to do so for some time to come.

You will like it, CsC! It is a great cartridge. Loaded with 160 ABs, the 7WSM is set to tackle about any animal in NA.

My son was ringing the 600 yard steel with mine yesterday, I think he is a fan of it as well. It is a very impressive cartridge when you look at the rifle/cartridge as a whole. The M70 Extreme Weather could be just about the nicest mountain hunting rifle out of the box there is right now, at least in my eyes.

OU812":3iaux4qw said:
DT great shooting. If it were me I would opt for the 150 gr bullets, like heavier for caliber and be done. But in all fairness either one looks like a winner and would serve you well.

I may be wrong but it looks to me that both groups are inline horz and vert. If that is the case the slower load 2800+ is slightly high which is good and the faster load is dead center which is also good. Looks like you could use either one interchangeably and be in great shape.

Bill
The way I load those two bullets they hit pretty close. There is three 130 AB,s in the center with a 150BT on the left and another on the right. The flyer low left was me jerking the trigger and closing my eyes at same time. :)
IMG_0068-1.jpg

I need to try some 150 PT's from my 270 WSM Tikka

hubcap":2jgzns1e said:
OU812":2jgzns1e said:
DT great shooting. If it were me I would opt for the 150 gr bullets, like heavier for caliber and be done. But in all fairness either one looks like a winner and would serve you well.

I may be wrong but it looks to me that both groups are inline horz and vert. If that is the case the slower load 2800+ is slightly high which is good and the faster load is dead center which is also good. Looks like you could use either one interchangeably and be in great shape.

Bill
The way I load those two bullets they hit pretty close. There is three 130 AB,s in the center with a 150BT on the left and another on the right. The flyer low left was me jerking the trigger and closing my eyes at same time. :)
IMG_0068-1.jpg

Got to love that, great shooting. Nice to be able to use 2 different weight bullets if wanted in the same rifle with no adjustment needed.

Bill

Back