NBT's 25-06

G

Have a buddy that recently got a 25-06. He was curious about shooting the NBT's for hunting loads. I'm sure for deer it would be fine, but he is also in the neighbor hood where a shot at a black bear is a possibility. How would the .25 ballistic tips hold up for good penetration and quick kill on a black bear? I'm guessing the 115gr NBT bullet would be the best option as long as the gun likes them.

If your black bear is in the 250pound range and under the 115gr Ballistic tip will drop him in his tracks. If you are talking about 300 pound black bears and larger I would choose the 110gr AccuBond. But in reality I think the 110gr AccuBond would be the best choice for deer and black bear since they are both able to be hunted at the same time.

115g NBT's will put the smack down on deer out to 600 yards no problem. I've used that bullet for quite a few years and killed a few muleys/whitetails out to 600 yards.

I"ve also killed 2 black bears with the 115g NBT and they were both 400+ yards, 440 and 450 to be exact. 1 bear took 1 shot, the other bear took 2 shots and that was that.

In all reality, the 110g AB is the better choice for black bear, but I"d pick the 115g BT for deer anyday over the AB.

Depends on how big your black bears are. IF there no more then 300 lbs average, the 115g nbt with good placement will kill them deader then dead.

THe nbt's are cheaper and have higher BC, and I"ve never had any problems what so ever on deer/bears, so my vote goes to the 115g NBT.

Shot placement would be key on something like a larger bear and a BT, hit bone and have that bullet in the "SOUPED" up range and hit bone you could be tracking a bear for awhile!!!! I'm no bear guru but I know with a .257 bullet I wouldn't be trying 400 yard shots on bear, for "ME" that is too far to expect good results a high% of the time for "ME".

Again the AccuBond would cover both really well and the bc rating is scant AccuBond .418 compaired to 115 BT at .453, for deer/antelope either would make good long range kills, but again I have expericanced bone is not good on the BT's and upper end of speed, so I use a more "fail" safe bullet and shoot the 110 accu bonds.

My 25-06 shoots the 120 grain Partitions in 3 shot .75" groups. For max affect on those bears I would go with it.

Back