NC STAR

moreloader

Beginner
Dec 20, 2005
Does anyone have any first-hand information? I have seen other forums that people trashed them on, but it was always a friend had one, or I seen on the internet, and never was it I had one.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. 3-12X50 30mm tube in Mil-Dot Reticle. I put it on my 300 WSM, while taking off my Burris Fullfield II 3-9X50 Balistic Plex (which I am holding on to just in case). The scope is much clearer than the Burris, which could be entirely due to the 30mm tube. I did not use the rings that came with it, but bought leopold dual dove tails. After mounting the scope I set out to check it. On a windy day I shot several 3 shot groups at 100 yards, all sub MOA. Most of the groups were in the .454 to .689. That is right on par or better than I was getting with the Burris. The best group out of the rifle was a .3 on a perfect day. I have put 50 rounds through the gun with this scope with no ill efects.

Matter of fact, I bought one for my dad for christmas and he took off his Leopold on his 243 WSSM. Same thing, better performance.

This last week I bought one in 3-9X40 Mil Dot for my 50cal inline. I have put 20 rounds through it and my last 3 shot group was 1.013 with 150g T7 pellets. I have adjusted zero and put it back and it always moves positively.

You can't beat the warranty, lifetime over the counter, and the price is definitely right. I will amend this if I have any problems. I am in the process of trying to rattle it to death. I have 5 new loads in the development stage for my 300 WSM, so I expect to run at least 75 rounds through it this week.

the price at my local retailer

3-12X50 Mil Dot 30mm $130 lighted reticle

3-9X40 Mil Dot 1" $80 lighted reticle

Like I said, we still have our name brand scopes, but I am giving it a try. They do manufacture all of the chinese military scopes and they are the second largest military spenders in the world

Eye relief is pretty standard. It is about the same as my Fullfield 2 that I took off, Maybe a half inch longer.

Both Scopes are still doing great. I have subjected one of them to over 50 rounds of magnum 50cal Muzzleloader (3 pellets of T7) and it has not budged. This includes groups inside of 2 inches at 100 yards consitantly which is about all my CVA will shoot.

The one on the rifle is holding at sub MOA groups still. I had an relative that bought one that was not perfectly clear beyond 500 yards, but he took it back no questions asked and the new one is crystal clear. Because of this I don't think I would order one off of the internet because I really like the idea of the over the counter waranty.

Just as an update the 300 WSM has ripped off a 5 shot group at 0.291. I will try to post a target in a week or two. The scope has been hauled weathered and bounced on a four wheeler and it still holds zero and the clicks are a perfect 1/4 moa. I have yet to find any fault.

Try one.

They make a 6-24x50

They actually make a couple. Stay away from the ones that look like old weavers. These would be the ones without illuminated reticles. They look cheap because they are. The 6-24X50 AE with mill-dot reticle is supposed to be a great scope. Buy it somewhere where you can take it back though if it is a bad one. They have a lifetime over the counter warranty. Also don't use the rings that come with them. If you save that much on your scope you can afford to pay for good leupold or Millet rings

Just an update on these scopes. First of all have learned that they now manufacture all the new bushnell scopes as well as tasco. Also there new Mark III line appears to be a further step forward. My older scopes are still printing as tight as I am capable of.

My newest is on its way. Bought it new off of ebay. Mark III 10-40X50 rangefinding reticle. Guaranteed for life even against 50 bmg recoil. It should not have a problem with my 300wsm. As soon as I get it i am going to do some 500 yard work and I will update. Probably as soon as deer season is over. price was 187.50 delivered.

Laugh all you want about a cheap scope, I will be laughing at the bank.

"Guaranteed for life"
Mine (3x9x50) lived long enough to take it out of the box, install it an see how horrible the parallax is. Confirms what I generally live by; you get what you pay for. Cheap = junk

...waiting for an update. As for the parallax, lemons happen. Saw a Weaver Grand Slam on the shelf with the parallax all out of wack... And I think the Weaver GS is a GREAT SCOPE!

Jim

Sounds like you have a good scope and an accurate rifle too.

JD338

Back