Neck Turning (short Video)

DF

Nice job! Thank you for taking the time to put this together, very informative.

JD338

Good job, DF. Did you mislabel these? Neck Turning Brass I seems to be Neck Turning Brass II, and vice versa. Or am I missing something? Nevertheless, quite informative.

Thanks, Guys
Good job, DF. Did you mislabel these? Neck Turning Brass I seems to be Neck Turning Brass II, and vice versa. Or am I missing something? Nevertheless, quite informative.
Yes, I did DrMike I will edit it. Thanks for pointing it out.

DF, good informative video. Have a question for you, Dr. Mike and others who check bullet runout. On My Bersin tool I've noticed that the pin extending from the guage checks the runout at the bottom of the ogive and not where the bullet comes out of the case. It makes sense to me that you would pick up more runout on the bullet further away from where it exits the case. Any thoughts?

I haven't had experience with Bersin so I can't comment on the functionality of the tool. I know one thing however, ogive is the worst place to measure bullet runout. Runout if present, is much more pronounce at the bullet shank than at the ogive.

thanks, DF ,very good information for me. I'm going to start neck turning on this 300WSM I traded for. I'm shooting the ammo that came with it to get brass, so when I get enough the game is on.

Great videos DF! You are going to force me to be a better handloader! Scotty

beretzs":iuse7755 said:
Great videos DF! You are going to force me to be a better handloader! Scotty
Scotty, We as a handloader should aspire to be better, just as we aspired to be a good shooter and hunter. We are all very passionate with our rifle. We should be just as passionate with our handloads. Remember, your rifle is only accurate as the ammo you feed on it.

Very true DF. You nailed it. I may jump into that area sooner or later. Great videos again and thanks for showing us how. Scotty

Back