300 Win Mag / 200 Accubond test (after neck turning)

Is it true that after so many firings, let's say 10-12 firings, does the brass flow towards the shoulders / case necks?
Absolutely. The reason for sharp shoulders is to arrest brass flow to some extent. But yes, brass flows forward. Hence why donuts occur.

Absolutely. The reason for sharp shoulders is to arrest brass flow to some extent. But yes, brass flows forward. Hence why donuts occur.
Yes, donuts can form from this, but I was curious if it also causes the entire necks to get thicker where it needs shaving.

Yes, donuts can form from this, but I was curious if it also causes the entire necks to get thicker where it needs shaving.
If you expand the donut outward so you can turn it off. This would require you to have a turner set up for this rifle so it doesn’t get its adjustment changed.

If you expand the donut outward so you can turn it off. This would require you to have a turner set up for this rifle so it doesn’t get its adjustment changed.
that has never worked for me . I always have to work on the inside and the outside , of the neck .

brass flows forward . the brass thins near the case head , and we trim it off the neck . eventually the thicker shoulder brass becomes neck brass .

Back