Need advice to choose a Leupold

I wanted to post a couple of pics that show the new scope on my K95 but I do not know how to do it :cry:

Need some help, please :? [/img]

R Flowers":3enq6vk3 said:
On my 7mm Wby Mag I sighted in at 200 yards then shot groups on paper at 100 yards using the 300 and 400 yard lines in the scope. I went home and measured the groups to find the center and how much above zero each had impacted. I found my scope was quite close. The Sierra ballistic progam suggested that based on where my bullets impacted, the lines were on at 305 and 405 yards. Closer than I can shoot, to be sure.

Enjoy!

I went to the range and tried a test.
With my rifle sighted in @ 190 yds. I got my 300 yds. mark to be +4 inch @ 100 yds. and my 400 mark at +6 inch.

Considering I am shooting .264 Nosler BT 100 grs. @ 2900 fps (BC 0.350) where do you think my bullets are zeroed for the 300 and 400 yds. marks ?

Thanks
:wink:

I ran your data through my Sierra Infinity ballistic program and if you are shooting a 100 grain Nosler BT with a BC of 0.350 at 2900 fps it tells me that your 300 yard mark is on at 288 yards and the 400 yard mark is on at 353 yards.

I do not know what elevation you are shooting at. I used 0 feet elevation and standard enviornmental conditions such as humidity, temperature, etc.

The Sierra program suggests that if you are shooting at 5000 feet elevation, an impact of 4 inches high would be on at 295 yards while an impact of 6 inches high would put you on at 365 yards.

Hope this helps, Randy

Thanks Randy, appreciate you taking the time to check on that.

I was shooting at 2000 feet with an outside temperature around 50°F.

I need to do some more testing, maybe changing the scope settings to the small triangle (I was using the biggest one).

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
:wink:

Back