Need help for .280 Antelope load

Guy's,

Back from 4H fair, my girls have been showing horses all week.
I will try to get some pictures of my 280AI and some targets to share you you.

Regards,

JD338

I would think that if financially feasable a person should go with a 24" barrel to get the most out of the AI. Like I have posted before, both Northwoods Hunter and I have shot our Sako's with 58gns of H4831 and 140 bullets and only get 2850fps thru my chrony.

Long

Guys, FWIW, if I had a perfectly good .280, which I do, I wouldn't bother rechambering to .280AI. You probably have a 22" bbl. so your perf. gain will be minimal, plus the extra cost of dies & the rechambering just doesn't pencil out. Now if you have a shot out .270 or such & want to rebarrel, then a .280ai makes pretty good sense.

LOL, funny you should mention that since I have a shot out 270 Win.

I can't think of a better replacement for anyones shotout .270 than a .280ai, go for it. I would use at elast a 23"bbl. if you are on the tall side, go 25" for a bit extra perf.

Nosler2,

Sounds like you are ready to go to the 280 AI. I have a Hart #5 fluted, 24" long. Action blueprinted and a Tubb recoil lug.

Let me know if you need any load data.

Regards,

JD338

Thanks Fred and JD. I got a couple of options right now. Either rebarrel my PSS, rebarrel that Belgium Mauser to 280AI or 9.3X62, or get a new Tikka. Decisions, decisions.

Back