Need help in selecting a long range rangefinder

DrMike, according to Bushnell's web site (January 2016) they are now giving lifetime no questions asked warranty on their range finders supposedly Vortex is as well.
I am just reading what is on their website, I never trust that though as I was told once by Bushnell that Scopechief's life time warranty was to old :shock:.

Blessings,
Dan

One way to find out. I know that Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss all have time-limited warranties on electronic components on their range-finders.

You are right Doc, I just read further details of the warranty and one stipulation is that unit is in US only. Also fine print states limited :shock:.
Sorry guys for the miss information, I guess Bushnell is still not going to get any of my business.

Blessings,
Dan

I received a email back from Leica today no details just asking for my for my shipping address :wink:. I did send them my information (y).

Blessings,
Dan

First purchased the Sig 850 to replace my Leica 1000. The 4x optics were clear but just not enough X for me. It ranged well, spotting an elk @ 700 yards and hard, reflective objects beyond the 850 (furthest was a sign @ 975 or so.
Sold it to a friend and purchased the 1250 version. I haven't had a chance to play with it much but the 7x optics are definitely an improvement.

Bbear":131ovzfp said:
First purchased the Sig 850 to replace my Leica 1000. The 4x optics were clear but just not enough X for me. It ranged well, spotting an elk @ 700 yards and hard, reflective objects beyond the 850 (furthest was a sign @ 975 or so.
Sold it to a friend and purchased the 1250 version. I haven't had a chance to play with it much but the 7x optics are definitely an improvement.
Bbear, have you tried out your Sig 1250 yet? I realize these are fairly new but has anyone else tried the Sig Sauer Kilo 1250?

Tackdriver, how is your Kilo 2000 working on animals? Ranged any past 300 yards?

Thanks

AFG270":moz2fixa said:
Bbear":moz2fixa said:
Bbear, have you tried out your Sig 1250 yet? I realize these are fairly new but has anyone else tried the Sig Sauer Kilo 1250?

Tackdriver, how is your Kilo 2000 working on animals? Ranged any past 300 yards?

Thanks

The Kilo is a blast and accurate. I have not had it fail on me yet, I used it on deer sized game and smaller and its right on. If the animal is so small, you can hold the button down and it would keep ranging like 3 times a second for a more reliable and average range. It was worth the money, 350 bucks at Cabelas. I ranged two javelinas at 280 yards, and put two pills downrange from a .308 ( it shoots like a rainbow ) right into the ear on each javelina. I was impressed with the ranging performance. I ranged a small tree at 1,450 yards and some small objects the size of a car and get the same numbers each time I ranged.

TackDriver284":2wx91o5l said:
AFG270":2wx91o5l said:
Bbear":2wx91o5l said:

Thanks

The Kilo is a blast and accurate. I have not had it fail on me yet, I used it on deer sized game and smaller and its right on. If the animal is so small, you can hold the button down and it would keep ranging like 3 times a second for a more reliable and average range. It was worth the money, 350 bucks at Cabelas. I ranged two javelinas at 280 yards, and put two pills downrange from a .308 ( it shoots like a rainbow ) right into the ear on each javelina. I was impressed with the ranging performance. I ranged a small tree at 1,450 yards and some small objects the size of a car and get the same numbers each time I ranged.
TackDriver, if you're interested in a sturdy bracket to mount that unit to a tripod (especially for ranging long distances), check out the ad I just posted in the Classified section. Far less than what you'll find elsewhere. The ad is for the Kilo 2xxx brackets, but we also have them for the 850/1250.

Cheers,
Brian

Bbear":1lwesiya said:
If you're interested in a sturdy bracket to mount that unit to a tripod (especially for ranging long distances), check out the ad I just posted in the Classified section. Far less than what you'll find elsewhere. The ad is for the Kilo 2xxx brackets, but we also have them for the 850/1250.

Cheers,
Brian

Back