Never sell your saddle...unless its attached to a shotgun

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
A Saddle mount that is. Helped out at a sight in for some fellas with impairments at the Club tonight. One fella had a side mount weaver with a cheap Simmons scope I never did get to do anything consistently. He was happy when he left because he could unscrew the mount and we got his gun shooting 2-3 in groups at 50 yds with open sights. The guy could shoot...his "handicap" was a POJ scope and mount I think.
The other fella had a 1100 that "always shot well". Until tonight. The first three shots fit under my fist from a leupold VX-I. Then they started stringing up and all over. I had to argue with the hunter and a couple of my buddies to get them to check the mount. "Well what do you know.....it is loose :? :roll: So, the fella snugs them up with the wrench I provided and then the action wont operate, we loosened up the screws a quarter turn and it worked fine. shot ok again, but needed adjustment. He also refused my offer for lock tite. :roll: Dont understand peoples faith/ preference for those things. I understand cost is a factor but, hunting is an expensive and rare endeavor for most of these guys. Wish I could convice some of them, or they could afford better equiptment. CL

I've found that better equipment helps one to be better.
"You only ride as good as your equipment" is what the bullriding guru used to tell me. I found that to be true and as soon as I switched to a good rope I started riding better. The same holds true for rifle craft.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back