New .25-06 finally!! Pics Added!!

It'll look good. It is still a shame about the last stock. That wood had real character, but it looks as if you have found a good fix with this stock. I think you are right to go with full length bedding. Now, to hear from you how everything has gone together and the range reports.

Well I've finally got my rifle up and running today! Even got to shoot a few groups today and the one I've got showing will probably be the one I hunt pronghorn next weekend with. I like the new stock, and it shoud be a much stronger one. I need to clean it up but that will have to wait until after hunting season is over. Managed to trade up to a VXII 4-12X40 AO this week as well really like that scope on this rifle. Next time I post on it I hope to have at least one pronghorn in the pic as well!

Picture080.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Picture098.jpg

Picture079.jpg

t1, looks like you are good to go!! I have started shooting little bro's Rug Tar this morning, we shall see what happens.

taylorce1

Nice recovery! Looks like you are set to go.

JD338

I have 2 2506's both shoot 100 gr bt's real well the number 1 will shoot one hole grps and the other is a ruger 77 and will shoot .248 with imr 4350 at 52.0 gr, the 77 will shoot 75 gr just as well and the number 1 does well with 110 accubonds with same charge.the 75 gr likes aa3100 at 58.0 gr

I tried 110 grain accubonds as well. Really liked the looks of that bullet and I'll load up some more later. I'm real limited on my brass for the .25-06 right now, only had enough brass to work up 4 three shot groups with the 117 gr Sierra PH and 3 groups with the 110 AccuBond, plus 5 extra to get my rifle on paper.

I loaded the Accubonds with 48, 50, and 52 grains of H4831SC but I wasn't able to get any to group better than 2". I'm hoping as I get more shots down the tube the barrel settels in the Accubonds will shoot better. I'm going to try R22 for my next powder with the Accubonds. However I think I'll just hunt with the Sierras this season since it starts next Saturday.

I full length sized all the brass to start with, but I've got the RCBS three die set with the neck sizer. Hoping that will improve everything as well the next time I shoot paper.

I think you need to do finer powder increments then 2g. You will completely miss a node and never know it was there with a 2g swing.

I would do .5g increments and then you will start to see where it likes to shoot.

I would also start either .010" off the lands, or as long as your mag will allow for initial testing, that way there is only 1 way to go and thats shorter if they dont shoot well enough for you.

90% of my 25-06 loads are within .010" of the lands or at the lands.

Theres a crap ton of suitable powders for the 25-06, anything from IMR-4350 on slower will do the trick. It may take 2-3 powders to find what it really likes.

I've burned far more RL-22 through my 25's then any other powder followed by IMR4350, and IMR4831. Just now starting to use Retumbo in my latest 25-06 and its very very good out of that rifle.

I set my FL die up to size 3/4 of the neck, after about 2-3 loads, you have to set it back and FL size them. I can get at least 10 firings on remchester cases with some pretty stout loads and still hold primers.

I would personally try around 51-53g of h4831, and 51.5-53.5g of RL-22 w/110g-117g bullets.

Keep us posted and good luck!

remingtonman_25_06":2g50m6cj said:
I think you need to do finer powder increments then 2g. You will completely miss a node and never know it was there with a 2g swing.

Keep us posted and good luck!

I agree, but I'm limited on time since pronghorn season starts next Friday. Plus I'm real short on brass I loaded everthing up I had and only had enough brass to shoot 7 groups of three.

Back