New 300 Savage

I’ve always used 3031, 4895 or 4064 in mine. I would bet Varget would be good too. The .300 Savage is a good old cartridge. I killed my first few deer with an old 99 EG. I still have it.

Beautiful rifle and very classic chambering Fotis.
That 300 Savage has been an icon in MI's UP for decades and has accounted for train loads of big swamp bucks and black Bear, especially with the Remington 180 gr RNCL factory load.
Well done buddy.

JD338

Thank you Jim. Hopefully after antelope results come out we'll find out if you're going to play with it this autumn

Beautiful rifle and very classic chambering Fotis.
That 300 Savage has been an icon in MI's UP for decades and has accounted for train loads of big swamp bucks and black Bear, especially with the Remington 180 gr RNCL factory load.
Well done buddy.

JD338
Here in Eastern Oregon, the .300 Savage was very popular before the advent of the .308 Winchester. Mostly for deer but it saw use for elk and other species. My favorite .300 Savage story involves my Dad. He had an antelope tag sometime in the 70's and jumped a little bunch out in the flats over near Seneca. There were 10 antelope running full tilt, a buck at each end. They weren't very far away so Dad pulled up and shot at the buck leading the bunch without leading or anything. His bullet hit the last buck right in the heart and dropped him. Nine Antelope outran the bullet!

Back