New 35 caliber bullets

I should imagine that they would work quite well, especially at the velocities generated by some of the lever guns.

Fury Bullets has come out with a 35 caliber 220gr bullet resembling the discontinued Speer 220gr FP. Looks promising and will be giving these a try. Always good to have options. They also are bringing out a 348 200gr FP like the discontinued Hornady. Dan.View attachment 17054
Looks like a good bullet for the 35 Whelen. Maybe yor can jug one for us.

JD338

Look forward to your reports on these bullets.
Hopefully they will produce the following too (if they haven't already):
- .375" 220 gr FP;
- .338 gr 200 gr FP

I wondered if someone was going to take up production of the old style bullets after Hornady discontinued so many of their old flat-nose designs. :)

Range report when you can please!

Regards, Guy

They are gonna have to do pretty good to compete with the Sierra's and Hornady's you jug tested Dan, but it's always nice to have other options in these times. (y)

Went to the range today and did a quick test load for group size. Same load as used with the Speer 220gr around an inch, not counting the flyer (shooter error). Hope to get back on the range tomorrow for a jug test comparing the Speer and Fury. To look at the Fury, you'd think it was a Speer. Will post pictures when I get this altogether. Dan.

Pending on expansion they might be good for the 356 win
I can assure you from personal experience that the Speer 220 grain FN will drop a grizzly right smartly when the bullet is launched from a .356 Win. I don't doubt that the same bullet set forth from a 35 Whelen or a .358 Win will work just as well. Those medium bores are still excellent for game at the ranges in which they operate.

Had to look up this company. Price on the 220s isn't terrible, so I may pick some up. As I think I mentioned about my recent bear hunt, I think the 250gr Speer I used liked to stick together too much and I suspect the flat-nosed design would be superior in that regard.

I never bought any yet but heard Hawk bullets are good and they make multiple .358 projectiles in multiple weights.

I never bought any yet but heard Hawk bullets are good and they make multiple .358 projectiles in multiple weights.
I've used Hawk bullets in my .several of my 356 Winchesters. They work. They didn't provide the accuracy that other bullets gave me, however (Alaska Bullet Works, Speer, Hornady). They do work on game.

I put the results of my test under .358 bullets so as not to override this post. Dan.

Back