New 6 Creed

otter25

Beginner
May 22, 2012
Got a new Ruger Predator 6 Creed today. Fixing to order some bullets and would like to hear from anyone who shoots this caliber.Its a 1-7.7 twist. I'm especially interested in any of the 105's to 110's and if any would work on whitetails.

I shoot a .243 currently. Pretty comparable performance I believe? I was considering regarding to 6CM when this barrel is shot out, but will probably do a .243 Ackley Improved. I am taking it antelope hunting next week and I'm shooting Hornady 105gr HPBT. Hopefully I will be able to report back on the performance. I am shooting them at 3000fps-3050fps out of a 26" barrel.

If I had the twist to do it, I would try the 108 Eld-M. What I have read about the Eld-X is that they are not even as tough as the Eld-M. I tried the 105 a max, but the 105 HPBT shot better out of my gun. You are going to get a lot of suggestions for the 95gr Ballistic tip, 90 gr AccuBond and 90gr E-tip. They are all between fine and great except for ranges beyond 400-500 yards. The relatively low BC's hurt in that area.

I know there are a lot of folks that use the 105 Berger hybrid. No personal experience but as long as you aren't planning on punching through both shoulders I'm guessing they would be plenty lethal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! I'm strongly considering picking one up as well. Hard to beat that price for the accuracy!

105 hybrid would get my vote for long range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 95 gr BT would be a great choice for deer.

JD338

I have a 6 Creedmoor itch that I will probably scratch too. :grin: No real reason, just because. It won't do anything my 6 mm Rem won't do, but you all know how that goes.
I really want to try the 110 Sierra and the 6 Creedmoor gives me a perfect excuse.
I will be really interested in how yours handles the 105s with the 7.7. I had kind of planned to do a 7 twist but will watch your results.
Cool deal on the rifle and cartridge.

I would absolutely go with a 7 twist to shoot the 110 Sierra! An 8 twist should be good for anything less than 110. That 110 Sierra sure looks enticing, but if it won't expand there is no reason for me to shoot it and in that case the 8 twist makes more sense in my opinion. I'm waiting to here some testing on the 110 Sierra.

Back