New Coyote rifle for the snowsled!

Ha! I didn't think you could make yourself take that Mod 100 for a ride on that snowmobile! I have had some rifles that I just 'could not" make myself slide into a saddle scabbard on my horse, carried it Mountain Man style! I do think you will love it/use it still hunting for deer this Fall! I second the motion for a good AR...either in 223 or 6.8 SPC would be wicked! Of course, I'd be interested tosee how your Venture holds up to both the ride and the cold...

Is that the 6.5 Creed Compass model?

Lol, no the Venture is a.243, and just replaces my
Old Ruger Mark II that was also .243, that I sold a few months back.
I did get On the "call list" for a Compass in 6.5 when they start shipping them.
E

Just picked up another factory stock for the Venture , wanted to be able to use it, in* non snow camo mode*.
So scored on a regular Black with grey inserts Factory stock , So with a little "woodland camo tape" for the barrel(same thing I do on my SS barrels) And a couple of strips, down the side of the action, We should be in bussiness; for regular hunting season. And then after Dec and deer season is over.
We will simply pull the camo tape off, and put it back in the white camo stock, And 5 mins later we should be ready to retire the 95 gr Nosler BTs; And break open a box of 70gr Varmageddons, and will be all set, for winter coyote hunting! (y) IMAGE00194.jpg
Unfortunately there are still some locals hunting here during deer season that speak freely about seeing flashes of "white" in the thick woods of Maine and their practice of "firing at those tails" ........ :shock:
IMAGE00209.jpg

Here it is with a couple of feet of camo tape on the barrel and factory black stock will run it this way until Dec, then put snow camo stock back on and remove the camo green tape!IMAGE00364.jpg

Back