New Leupold

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
Well my Son's new VX-R is supposed to be in tomorrow :wink: I am interested to see what it can do.

Blessings,
Dan

I like the VXR I have Dan. Haven't used it as much as I would like, but its a great optic.

We ordered the VX-R 4-12X40mm with the firedot ballistic reticle. I sure hope that it is the answer for him with the slight problem with his right eye.
Once we get it figured out I will post our findings, however I think people already know that I am a real big fan of Leupold 8).

Blessings,
Dan

Received a call late yesterday afternoon the Leuy is in :). Wondering if we can get away with Talley lows or if I should order mediums. Decisions all the time :roll:. We can't use old Talley's as the Minox had a 1" tube & the Leuy is 30mm.
Pay day is on Monday but will have to order the rings from BC. Hard to believe I can get them cheaper with shipping than prices here :(

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":1tnbw9mu said:
Hard to believe I can get them cheaper with shipping than prices here :(

Pricing in Canada seldom makes sense, Dan.

I picked up the new scope yesterday. I hope to have it mounted next week :wink: from the little bit I have seen of it I am sure impressed with product.
I have been a Leupold user for many years and they have always treated me okay!

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Ccoker, I have a email out to my connection in BC. I asked him to confirm to me ASAP. Again went to local shop, then Calebas can not find Talleys in the low or medium in 30mm.
Going after supper to check at Wholesales sports but I doubt it there was well :evil:

Blessings,
Dan

Well as usual I did not have any success finding Talley 1" lows in the 30mm here in Regina :evil:. So I picked them up from Nechako Outdoors in BC.They will be here either this Thursday or Friday :).
Then to figure out a load using the new ABLRs in my son's BDL.

Blessings,
Dan

How would the VX-R compare to a Zeiss 3.5-10? Theres on on 24hourcampfire I am thinking of trading my Zeiss for.

I think they'd both be in the same league, with the Zeiss probably being a touch better, but both are good scopes. Why the swap of the Zeiss?

Well we got back last night from the 2 day Moose hunt. Just wanted to let you know that my son advised me last night on the way back that he thought the VX-R was much clearer than the Minox ZA-5. He stated he really liked the firedot on the ballistic reticle as well so I think we are happy that we made the change. Mike advised it is not that he disliked the ZA-5 it is the fact that he likes the VX-R better :mrgreen:
If anything changes after he uses it for a while I will let you know.

Blessings,
Dan

Good info to know Dan, we will be needing a couple of new scopes in the coming year too. I was wondering how the VX-R's were being received.

Back