New Night time Setup

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Leaving friday for Alabama for hog and coyote hunting. Be the grandson's first trip. I switched things up and ordered a savage 110 in 6mm ARC, and topped it with an ATN X-Sight LTV IR scope. After buying the rifle, caller, and a thermal monocular for scanning, a thermal scope just isn't in the budget right now, but the IR digital scope is fan-dandy-tastic! I upgraded the illuminator with a sniper hog light 66. The one shot zero worked like a champ! take a shot, lock the crosshairs on that X-Y axis and move the zeroing cross hair to the bullet hole. BAM! zeroed within 1" up/down and L/R of center. Can do it for as many rifles as you want, just note each rifles X-Y axis for zero and reset it when you switch it over. With the Upgraded illuminator it's almost like watching a black and white TV out to 250 yards and probably more. Being as it doing double duty as hog and coyote I loaded the 75gr Hammer HHT over X-Terminator. With the digital scope best I can do is right at 1 MOA. the HHT is scooting along at 3190 Ave from the 22" barrel. Once I'm back home in Va and hogs aren't an option, I'll probably be loading the 75 V-max or the 80 gr BT-varmint. Excited to try the electronic caller out on both hog and dogs. Pics to come soon. Should be a fun time!!

Sounds like a solid set up.
Wishing you and your grandson a safe trip and successful hunt. Looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing about the hunt.
Good luck and have fun.

JD338

Back