New Nosler bullets

bdbrown66

Handloader
May 16, 2016
1,221
1,264
I happened to notice two new bullets in the Nosler product line. Anyone here tried them yet?

Screenshot_20261009_095732.jpg

Looks like these are designed for the 35 Rem, and perhaps the 360 Buckhammer, and similar. That boat tail is going to sit deep into the case, however.

Screenshot_20261009_095847.jpg

It appears that the 300gr Ballistic Tip RN has disappeared, and this is the replacement. Should be a good 45-70 bullet, I would think.

Thoughts or experience with either of these?

Cheers,
Brian
 
If the 358 is meant for the 35 Rem, why the boattail? That cartridge will rarely, if ever be used out past 300 yards...or is it to make seating easier?
I am not sure at first glance that it would even have sufficient velocity in the 358 Win for reliable expansion, for use at that range, unless it can be pushed faster than 2600 fps and has a better BC than the Speer's 220 gr Hot Cor (.316).
(Which could achieve 2620 fps with a QL max load of 748 and retain 1908 fps @ 300 yards.)
NOTE: just checked; BC of .250

Now, in the 35 Whelen I can see it being used for longer shots where/if needed, where it could potentially retain sufficient velocity to past 300 yards for reliable expansion. Would have to run the numbers, but as it is a new bullet, it won't be listed in QL...
(The 200 gr AccuBond has a BC of .365, and with an initial velocity of 2800 fps retains 1950 fps at 400 yards.)
 
I happened to notice two new bullets in the Nosler product line. Anyone here tried them yet?

View attachment 30324

Looks like these are designed for the 35 Rem, and perhaps the 360 Buckhammer, and similar. That boat tail is going to sit deep into the case, however.

View attachment 30325

It appears that the 300gr Ballistic Tip RN has disappeared, and this is the replacement. Should be a good 45-70 bullet, I would think.

Thoughts or experience with either of these?

Cheers,
Brian

If Nosler would bring back the .458 (45-70) Partition bullet, no other bullets would be needed for the lever guns. LOL With a little luck, the new Partition would be 400gr rather than the original 300gr.
 
I picked up a couple bags of factory 2nds of the 35 solid base and some new 45. Haven't loaded any yet, but did snag some factory loaded 35 Remington ammo. I shot very good out of both of my open sighted Marlin 336s. I usually don't run factory ammo, but wanted some of the brass for my 35s. Planning on carrying one or maybe both at some point this fall. Hopefully get an opportunity on a whitetail.
 
I'm glad for the additions but I am still waiting for Nosler to reintroduce .25 caliber 120 grain solid base bullets.
 
Back
Top