New Reloading Manual??

To be honest I returned Nosler #9 in favor of keeping the #7. Hornady’s #11 is a really good manual to have on the bench , it has a lot more calibers with large powder choices.

In all honesty I stopped buying reloading manuals. Nowadays I cross reference Hodgdon, Nosler, Speer, and /or Alliant all of which offers online data free. I'll still go to my old manuals occasionally if needed.

I use the latest editions of the Nosler and Hornady books for quick reference at the loading bench. I've got several other reloading manuals but the Nosler & Hornady get referred to the most.

Older editions of the manuals get handed down to newer relaoders.

Lyman and Nosler Hard Copy, bunch of online, various digital downloads from poweder companies, QL and GRT. I try to cross reference. I ahve been happy with both the Lyman and Nosler for decades.

I like quickload .there is a learning curve , and it's an investment but I feel it's worth it .

usually I can make do with my older books by picking a similar bullet as to what I'm loading . if you're loading something such as mono metal , long slick VLD's , a boutique bullet , I would recommend buy that bullet makers book .

I like Hodgdon yearly manual especially since they owned most of the powders. I didn't care for them dropping couple of calibers that I use like 6.5x55 but other sources are available. Dan.

Given Australian Defence Industries produces a number of the Hodgson powders, for those using those powders particular, then this is a good source. If you're not familiar with the OEM names for powders, there is an equivalent chart under Powders => Powered Equivalents

Back