New Ruger's for 2013

Nice offering from Ruger.
The LC380 is interesting.

JD338

Guy Miner":nkhbsyx7 said:
Lots of muzzle brakes.

Eeh Gad you're right....I wonder what the "weighted barrel nut" thingy looks like on there? I may not want to know.

I'd like to think Bill Ruger is rolling in his grave, they've certainly taken some dramatic steps in the years since his death that I don't think he'd have supported.

The No 1 A Light Sporter in 222 Rem with a 1 in 9 twist is an interesting one.

Yes it is... I could see having some fun with that one for 'chucks or coyotes.

They could drop the whole American line and not hurt my feelings a bit. I'm excited to see the 416 African. I was hoping to see a SR45C on the list but maybe a compact version will be coming later.

gerry":3vxsroto said:

I haven't had a triple deuce in a long time....I like that 1A too!

Too many rifles, so little money!

The MSRP seems to be moving upward fairly fast. There are some interesting rifles being offered, however.

DrMike":1ubbnlz8 said:
The MSRP seems to be moving upward fairly fast. There are some interesting rifles being offered, however.

I noticed that as well... $1000+ for a Ruger? Rugers never sell for MSRP in my area but the higher the MSRP the higher the wholesale cost.

Makes the $1200 I paid for my pre production, minty Express seem like a real bargain!

gerry":48csrkhx said:

Yes sir... That is thinking outside the box!

I think the predator in 17 Hornet and 6.5 Creedmor caught my eye! Followed by the 416 Ruger in the African would be on my list. Sure hope those breaks are threaded and supplied with caps so the barrel can go naked!

Scott

muleman":jt9zb7vu said:
I think the predator in 17 Hornet and 6.5 Creedmor caught my eye! Followed by the 416 Ruger in the African would be on my list. Sure hope those breaks are threaded and supplied with caps so the barrel can go naked!

Scott

Let me know if you pick up a Creedmoor. I'd like to compare it to mine.

muleman":2xcrhkyt said:

Scott
If I'm remembering what I read last night, they supply the gun with a threaded weight and cap. The weight is supposed to maintain the same weight and POI as having the brake. The cap is also available to go au naturel.

From the catalog regarding the brake....

"Includes a removable, radial-port muzzle brake that significantly reduces felt recoil. For times when
the brake is not preferred, it may be replaced by the included dynamically-matched muzzle weight.
Switching between the brake and the weight will not change the bullet’s point of impact for a particular load. The included thread protector may be used if neither the brake nor the weight is desired."

Back