New Scale - RCBS 1500 Chargemaster Combo

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
My old scale (7 yrs) finally won't initialize and zero. It also drifted pretty bad too.
I went online and the Chargemaster Combo had all good/great reviews. I hope that is true and not "fake/lies". I had a birthday last weekend and received 2 Cabela's gift cards from my folks and my brother. I put them to good use along with my Cablea's Bucks and a $50 rebate from RCBS, it should be here by next Wed.

I hope others that have this are happy with it.

I've been a little frustrated with the last scale drifting all the time. I had to watch for it when I set the pan back and drop a weight. I've dumped many cases to get back to the last check and redo. It would sometimes be off over 0.5gns - not a big deal on the RUM but with the 22-250 it would make a big difference.

I'm kinda on hold at the moment, a week off for salmon fishing and shooting with no scale to finish loads. :x

Teknys,

Good buy on your part; I believe you are going to be pleased. I really enjoy my 1500 ChargeMaster. It is quite reliable. It is vital that you calibrate the scale before each use. I did have one problem that involved a couple of the keys not working. RCBS had it repaired in short order. Their service is excellent. Of the scales that were available about five years ago, this was the best. I haven't seen that their quality has slipped.

Teknys":37w5uw5b said:
I'm kinda on hold at the moment, a week off for salmon fishing and shooting with no scale to finish loads. :x

I feel your pain. All the rivers here are pretty much blown. Just as I'm getting packed to go back to SoCal, they are starting to drop to where they look OK. Well, the shad should be running on my next trip back.

I use one and love it. I have had it for four years I think, and it still works great.

I'm pretty sure that some kind of Powder Dispenser is going to be my next addition to the reloading bench. I like the Hornady, Pact and RCBS. I guess it just depends on which one offers the best deal. Looking forward to seeing how you like it, Fathers Day is coming up and I always need something for the wife to research! Scotty

Has anyone tried the Smartreloader iSD Automatic Powder Scale & Dispenser? Their prices are very attractive and the warranties appear to be good. I'd be interested in hearing of anyone using these products.

It looks pretty neat. Plus, being yellow I don't even think I could lose it on my bench! Scotty

It does look like good stuff. Might have to forward that to mama for my Father's Day wishlist! Scotty

beretzs":2xcr1y1n said:
Plus, being yellow I don't even think I could lose it on my bench! Scotty

I saw a picture of your bench. I'm pretty sure it could still get lost! :) (Not that mine's any better.)

Back