New scope for 270 wsm $1000 to spend

Take a hard look at the Leupold VX-R and VX6.

After a night shooting class, I'm a huge fan of illuminate reticles. In early and late light, they are so much better that I'll glad trade out a bit of glass quality to get one in that price range.

Just another point for Leupold, it is North American made :)
The VX6 has got a great name and will never have to come off that new rifle.

Blessings,
Dan

I ended up going with the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 Z-Plex, because i was able to get if for a great deal at 699.99, now i am not sure if i will need that much magnification, but it was such a good deal at 130.00 off i could not pass it up.

I have the Leupold VXIII in 3.5-10x40 and a 4.5-10x40 both with BC reticles...........LOVE THEM...reticle works great. Mounted on Tikka T3 LS 270WSM's. My wife took over the first so I bought another for me. Reloads of 140gr Accubonds are giving under 0.5" groups @ 100 metres close to 3300ft/s. I love this caliber/bullet combo!!

2ztd5vm.jpg

2m4xirm.jpg

Taken elk, moose, bears, whitetails & mulies and the odd wolf at various distances...1 shot kills. I took a large cow elk couple years back. It was -33 deg.C, at 200m broadside doublelung...she reared up, flipped over backwards dead before she hit the ground!!!! :mrgreen:

WOW, how come the pics went so large.....that has never happened before.....

I'm a Leupold guy...thats all I have on my Sako m75 rifles.

You have to love the Tikka; it is a fine rifle. Nothing wrong with the VX3; many people swear by them.

Great looking rifles MP.. The 270WSM is a great one. I have done well with mine as well.

Back